Chapter 16

Okay this chapter starts a flashback and the chapter that follow will also be part of that flashback I promise to tell you when the flashback ends, love ya!

---Time Skip---

As time passed between Spencer being shot and now I found out JJ was right I was pregnant, I was excited, Aaron was excited and I was glad that as my belly got bigger he started restricting just how much field work I was allowed to do. I was glad because then I wouldn't have to be running and he was glad knowing that I was safe. I hung out with Garcia mostly helping her when I could and communicating and helping the team when able. Spencer was back in the field had some trouble running for a while but as weeks turned into two months he got back to running like himself again, I was glad there was no permanent damage and he was glad he was out of bed and into the world. Life seemed eerily calm and nice which after a while started to scare me things always got better before they got worse, and worse they got indeed.

"Mrs. Hotchner can you tell us exactly when you felt things start to get bad?" Senator Cramer asks and I chuckle a little.

"You want the whole story from my perspective?" I ask and he nods so I sigh. "Alright well get comfy."

"August 15 is when I first had a suspicion that things might get bad..." I start remembering that day with vivid clarity.

---Flashback---

"Hey Aaron JJ says we have another case." I tell him and he turns looking absolutely exhausted.

"We just stepped off the plane." He says and I walk over and kiss his cheek.

"I know but she says we'll want to take this one."

"The last time that was said..."

"I know but we gotta." I tell him and he nods as we walk to the conference room.

"So I know it's kinda late but I wanted to get a jump start or at least bring it to your attention Hotch." She says and after a few clicks we see pictures of four males and three females all dead what looks to be the exact same way.

"Were the beatings before or after they were killed?" Reid asks.

"ME confirms it was postmortem, it seems they were all injected with Carfentanil then violently stabbed repeatedly before having their throats cut looks like afterward someone then beat them up."

"Carfentanil that's an elephant tranquilizer." I say and Reid nods.

"So what he can't fight so he injects them and then beats them up?" Morgan asks.

"But he is extremely mad at these people, I mean this goes way beyond overkill I bet based on where he stabbed after at least the fifth or sixth one they were done for so why continue?" I ask.

"A ritual maybe?" Aaron asks but Rossi shakes his head.

"This looks too much like pure rage to me nothing to suggest a ritual."

"Meaning he had to have been connected to all these people right somehow?" Morgan asks and Aaron speaks directly to JJ.

"Why did this one get you so much?"

"Because of what was at each of them, I wouldn't have even noticed except I recognized one of them." She then shows us seven photos each one different but I recognized three.

"Wait a minute Aaron isn't that the tie you were looking for the other day? And that's my jacket." I say wanting to throw up.

"And that's my bag!" Reid says and I feel dizzy.

"Right and that's my watch and I know I've seen that cat toy in Garcia's apartment. I'm betting the other two are things taken from you two as well." She says and both Rossi and Morgan nod.

"He was in our house?" Garcia asks on the verge of panicking and JJ nods.