Too Hot For Me Tobias

Did you get home safely?

I smile at my phone, butterflies fluttering away in my stomach. My eyes scan over the text message multiple times and I feel a warm glow inside my chest.

His contact is saved under. . . Too hot for me Tobias.

Because he is indeed too hot for me.

A wave of sadness washes over me as I come to the conclusion that I can't pursue anything with Tobias Melvin. The old Trish would have already kissed him and probably a lot more. I shake my head, pocketing my phone away in my jacket. I have to stay away from Tobias. It isn't fair to lead him on.

I can't help feeling like I'm making the wrong decision.

Tobias has been through hell and back lately. His ex girlfriend turned batshit crazy and attempted to ruin his entire life. This causes me to question whether Tobias' intentions with me are true.

Is he missing having someone to be with?

Truthfully Tobias wouldn't struggle to find a girl. All he has to do is smirk and females would drop their panties in a split second. The boy has serious powers with those brown eyes and god-like body.

I nibble on my bottom lip, releasing a frustrated groan. Why does life have to be so cruel?

*****

"Leroy, baby, what are you doing over there?" I ask, dropping my bag to the floor. I walk over to him, a permanent frown on my face. Leroy is huddled on the bottom step, clutching his favourite blanket. His eyes are heavy from lack of sleep and he's letting out small whimpers. As soon I crouch down, he wraps his small arms around my neck.

"Trish, I'm scared." He whimpers, his words breaking my heart. I pick him up, rubbing his back in circular motions.

"Where's Mum?" I whisper, feeling anger build up inside of me. His little pained face is causing my heart to break for him.

"She left hours ago." Leroy sniffles into my shoulder.

"What?" I respond, gritting my teeth tightly together. I bend down and retrieve his blanket, wrapping him up in it.

"I'm so sorry bud, let's get you to bed." I whisper, my eyes brimming with tears. How long has he been sat there?

Mum couldn't continue this way.

I climb up the stairs, feeling the guilt eat me up inside. Don't blame yourself Trish. I place Leroy down into his bed, tucking the duck covered duvet under his chin. His eyelids flutter shut and he let out a small sigh, his body becoming heavy from sleep. I swallow the thick lump in my throat and turn on his night light. My hand finds his and I clutch onto it tightly, sitting cross legged next to his bed.

"Goodnight bud." I whisper, blinking back tears. He begins mumbling in his sleep, words that I couldn't quite understand.

"You won't leave me, will you Trish?" He asks me quietly, already halfway in a deep sleep. I shake my head, holding his hand tightly in mine.

"I'll never leave you Leroy," I whisper, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. His blonde hair tickles my face and I smile down at his sleeping form, feeling sadness wash over me.