little mix other ventures chap.5

Other venturesProducts and endorsements

In May 2012, Little Mix launched a -themed pack of and performed at the M&M's World store in London. That year they also released their first book, called Ready to Fly. The title is a reference to their debut single "". The book was published through and documents the group's journey since auditioning for . The girl group signed a joint deal with toymaker and music merchandiser Bravado to release a range of products including dolls, puzzles, accessories and games in November.

During 2012, Little Mix also unveiled a children's clothing range with clothing retailer . The line is aimed to 7–13 year olds and comprises accessories, T-shirts, leggings and nightwear. In 2013, the group promoted hair dye Live Colour XXL through their music video for "How Ya Doin'?". That year the group also launched a range of nails and nail wraps in partnership with Elegant Touch and New Look. In early 2014, Little Mix launched their new range of nails with Elegant Touch as a result of the previous success. In September 2013, Little Mix launched their first makeup line with Collection. During May 2014, the group teamed up with Vibe Audio to bring out Little Mix zip cable headphones. In June 2015, Little Mix launched their debut fragrance "Gold Magic". In December 2015, it was announced that Little Mix would be the new global ambassadors for the women's fitness brand USA Pro. They are currently designing their own collection for the brand.

Philanthropy

Little Mix took part in the recording of the 2011 X Factor charity single along with the finalists of the X Factor 2011 and previous X Factor contestants and One Direction. They covered the 1978 hit single "Wishing on a Star" by . All proceeds from the single went to the children's charity , which provides ongoing care and support for seriously and terminally ill children, young people and their families from the moment of diagnosis. The song debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart with first-week sales of 98,932 copies. In 2012, the band performed their single "" on the 2012 broadcast appeal show, helping raise over £26,757,446 for the cause which helps disadvantaged children in the UK. Little Mix also appeared at the two-part charity concert Children in Need Rocks 2013 to raise money for the campaign, performing a medley of their singles "Change Your Life", "DNA" and "Wings". They performed alongside Kings of Leon, Ellie Goulding, Robbie Williams and other artists. The concert was broadcast on BBC One during the Children In Need week.

In March 2014, Little Mix teamed up with BeatBullying, the largest anti-bullying organization in Europe. The quartet is backing the anti-bullying media campaign "The Big March" and the #DeleteCyberbullying project. The campaign is urging the European Commission to introduce new laws to protect children from bullying and cyberbullying, for 77 million euros (£57m) to be set aside for services that protect them and for an annual awareness day to promote the movement. Pinnock said: "Myself and the girls have all experienced being bullied at some point in our life. When we see on Twitter that some of our fans are going through it now we find it so upsetting and that's the reason we feel so passionate about this campaign and the work that BeatBullying does." In March 2014, Little Mix released a cover of 's single "Word Up!" as the official single for Sport Relief 2014. They performed it live during the Sport Relief telethon, raising a record-breaking £51,242,186 on the night it was broadcast. The group also visited Liberia to witness the good work paid for by the Sport Relief donations. Each member recorded a video diary in which they visited local hospitals and described their experiences.