Two

Two weeks before..

Maine was back in the Philippines after staying in Arizona with her parents for two years. She finally accepted her parent's offer to go and live with them and start living her dream of being an entrepreneur.

In just a short time, she was able to put up her own business. With the help of her parents and her own determination, she successfully managed to open her second Cafe located in the heart of BGC.

It was every entrepreneurs dream. BGC is slowly becoming the business district in Taguig and putting up a Cafeteria is the best option since most of the people working around the area works at night. Most people needed caffeine to get through their day.

Two years of managing her own Cafe in the US, she decided to open up her second one here. It has been open for roughly 6 months and she still hasn't been into the place. She lets her sister do all the managin. Besides, she's still not sure if she's ready to go back yet.

She knows that coming back to the Philippines means she'll have to meet with her friends. Their friends who she's been pretty reluctant to meet. Not that she's hiding herself from them she would answer when asked but yes, that's what she's doing and she just doesn't want to admit it.

It's been 2, 3 years and they'd all probably moved on but she's still unsure of the idea of meeting with them again. The last time they did didn't actually ended the way they all hoped it would be so she's stirring herself away from them as much as possible.

But right now, she could no longer prolong her stay in the US. 6 months ago, her parents managed to convinced her to open up her second branch in the Philippines despite her being vocal that she's okay with just one. So now, here she was, standing in front of her second Cafe, feeling a bit overwhelmed but nervous at the same time.

Her phone rings and she immediately checked to see who's calling. It was AM, her best friend. She sighed.

"Hello?"

"Menggay!" her friend screamed through the phone so loud that she had to take the phone away from her ear for a few seconds.

She closed her eyes. Ayan na nga ang kinakatakutan nya.

News about her coming back to the Philippines quickly got around their circle of friends and she knew it wasn't long until one of them contacts her. And she was right.

"You know I can still hear well right? How are you AM?" she chuckled nervously.

"OMG Maine! You're back! You're really back!"

She smiled. Even though she was adamant in depriving herself of meeting with her friends, she knows she misses them.

"Yes I am. I'm here again." She tried to sound excited but failed big time. Her voice croaked and it didn't come unnoticed by her friend.

"Bakit parang di ka masaya na makakapag reunion tayo?" Maine flinched.

"Uy grabe siya! Syempre masaya ako ano ka ba? Medyo, um - busy lang dito sa Cafe."

There was a long silence that she had to look at her phone's screen to check if AM was still there.

"Alam ko yang ginagawa mo Maine. Matagal ng tapos yun. Kaibigan mo pa rin kami."

Maine fidgeted. She's right. She sighs and smiles apologetically at no one. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"Hey it's okay. So pwede na ba ako umasang pupunta ka sa reunion this Friday?" her friend's voice radiates excitement.

She shut her eyes tight before nodding at no one in particular.

"Maine?"

"Yes? Yes AM. I'll be there. Text me the address ha? I really got to go na. I will catch up with you soon."