07/10

NY - 5:02am - luna

i spent all day in bed yesterday... on my birthday.

the only thing keeping my company was my cat. the same cat you bought me on my birthday so many years ago.

the only being keeping me company reminds me of you day, after day.

i think...

that maybe when I told you to follow your dreams; I was hoping I was your dream.

maybe i was hoping that instead of you leaving to LA you would move with me to NY.

on the bright side, your mom called me to say you were coming to visit me today even though it was supposed to be a surprise?

happy birthday to me i guess...

well yes actually it is happy birthday to me since you're coming to see me.

until tomorrow,
luna

•••

LA - 6:30am - ethan

This is the earliest I've woken up in a long.

I tried my best to go back to sleep so that the memories would not flood my head but of course it didn't work.

Grayson talked to me about you today.

I don't know why he would do that.

Your name slipping off his tongue felt like a knife piercing my heart - a pain I was used to feeling.

Even though it's been two years, it feels like you left me just yesterday.

But I guess that's the hard part about life, it's a viscous circle.

I leave you, you leave me, then I leave you again.

- E