Chapter 8: Well That Was Engaging

~~~Mike~~~

The ground shook with each stomp Tim took as I heard the door close lightly before Tim roared out for Jordan. I just hugged my knees even tighter as I heard mom start yelling and before I knew it I was hyperventilating in the dark I reached of the handle moving it before I passed out falling on my right arm.

~~~Tim~~~

"I didn't do anything" Jordan said pulling out of my grasp. Mrs. Hamilton than came stomping over. 

"Jordan! Don't lie to me!" she demanded.

"We got in a fight and I might of made fun of his size" he said looking at the floor.

"Oh Jordan...You know he just got over his depression. You need...."she said before she was cut off.

"Warning Borrower alert systems active...vital signals erratic...warning" the robotic voice said making everyone's face drain of color as we rushed back to Jordan's room. 

"Mike!" I shouted bending down and looking into the house.

I saw the closet door slightly open, "Stand back" I said as I tilted the house making Mike tumble out of the closet and out of the house. I pressed his right arm gently shutting of the alarm. Mike was now sleeping with a tear stained face.

"Why out of all days this happened today?" I asked reaching into my pocket.

"It's OK you can make it better tonight" I heard Mrs. Hamilton say.

"It's ruined" I said almost in tears.

"I can't propose now" I basically whispered making the room full of tense emption basically explode.

"What?" I heard Jordan say.

+++30 Minutes Later+++

~~~Mike~~~

I woke up on something soft and warm...I smelled his sent as I opened my eyes. I was on his stomach like that night last year and I was almost in tears when I saw his smiling face light up when he saw me waking up.

"Hey" he said softly as he ran his finger down my face.

"Hey" I said back.

"I'm sorry" I said looking away.

"Don't be sweetie" he said smiling 

Mom than walked into the room upset until she saw me awake.

"Hey baby" she said looking at me with tears in her eyes as she looked up to Tim who she nodded at before she left the room.

"What was that about?" I asked siting up.

"That's a surprise" he said making me sigh.

"You know I hate surprises" I whined.

"Trust me I think you will like this one" he said as he lifted me to his mouth and kissed me where I returned the favor.

After that we watched a movie until it was time for us to go out to dinner. We are going to the diner we went on our first date...I sent the letter in the emergency app on a delay having that feeling again. Tim was also acting weird which made me even more nervous.  

Then dessert came out and it was the best tasting chocolate cake I have ever had...That was when Tim got out of the seat and keeled down in front of me.

"Micheal Hamilton, I have known you for a year and it has been the best year of my life...you became my best friend in the mater of hours and my boyfriend in the matter of days" he said with tears in his eyes, "Please do me the honor of marrying me?" he asked taking out a ring box with a titanium ring in it.

"Of course you idiot" I cried out receiving a roar of cheers and applause from everyone in the diner...until I heard a laughed and the sound of heavy boots.

I jumped onto Tim feeling scared as I heard him come closer. 

"Now Rossi, didn't I tell you he was my snack last time?" I heard him say close as Tim held me tighter. 

"If I can't eat him then we all can suffer the fate he was suppose to have" he said as I heard Tim scream, "Everyone get down!" before I felt like I was free falling and than nothing.

~~~Tim~~~

I saw Eugene take a incendiary grenade out of his pocket, "Everyone get down!" I screamed as Eugene pulled the pin. I was dropping to the floor when it went off and it sent me flying out of the window where I landed on my back.

I felt Mike moving in my hand until I hit the pavement...then nothing...he was limp in my hand. I was about to scream or cry out until Mike coughed and tried to move before he cried out in pain. Another explosion when off making me pull him in my chest making him cry out again.

I heard the sound of the fire engine in the distance. After a few minutes my company's fire engine pulled in and the chief pulled me up. "Are you OK Rossi?" she asked.

"Please, take Mike to the ambulance I will suit up" I said before I kissed Mike, "I'll be right back baby" I cried as the Chief took him out of my hand. I got up and ran to the truck and put on my gear. I put on my helmet and turned around when I heard Mike. I hunched over with my hands on my knees as I looked at him.

"Don't get hurt...I won't let you get out of marrying me so quickly" he said blowing a kiss to me and wincing in pain. I nodded and turned around and rushed into the building. The customers where out...the ones that are alive at least. I got to the back to see Frank the owner on the floor unconscious. I picked him up and put him over my shoulder as I heard the roof creaking. I ran out of there just as it collapsed. 

One thing is for sure about tonight and this time of the year so far...My mike has almost died. Well that was engaging this time.