Prologue

(Conversation between Riley and her Therapist)

Therapist: Hello Riley

Riley: Hi

Therapist: Riley what makes you happy?

Riley: Well a lot of things

Therapist: Can you tell me a few?

Riley: Well Painting makes me happy

Therapist: Is there a person who makes you happy?

Riley: I don't remember

Therapist: What about Chance? Does he make you happy?

Riley: Who's Chance? Everyone asks me about him.

Therapist: You don't remember Chance?

Riley: No why? am I suppose to?

Therapist: Well.... Hold on I'll be back in just a second.

(Therapist walks into waiting area and talks to Chance)

"Sorry but she doesn't remember a thing," the therapist says as he addresses Chance.

"Are you sure?" Chance asks.

"I'm positive. She doesn't even know you're waiting here. The accident had caused a lot of damage to her brain so I'm not surprised that she doesn't remember you. I'm not a neurologist or anything but I think she won't be getting her memory back" The Therapist looks at Chance with sympathy. "Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine sir" Chance replied. Tears filled his piercing grey eyes. He turned away from the therapist, thanking him for talking to him about Riley. Slowly he makes his way towards the bright red door that reads; Johnson's Mental Health facility, in big black letters. He turns the doorknob and his hands shake.

"I love you Riley" His voice is low and raspy as those words leave his mouth. He looks back inside before pushing the red door forward. Cold air stings his skin like a thousand bees. He pulls his hood over his head before walking away from the building. The building that holds a girl. A girl that he loves so desperately. But that girl has no memory of ever meeting him, no memory of what they had together.

~~~~~~~~

Not every love story has to have a bad boy and good girl; why can't they equally be bad or equally good? Or equally creative. This heartwarming book is about a girl named Riley and a boy named Chance. They both have an equal life but unbalanced personalities. Riley is a girl who is more into painting her feelings then painting about life. But Chance, on the other hand, would rather sketch and draw life then sketch and draw about his feelings. They both teach each other how to Feel, Touch, Laugh, and best of all, Love.

©Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, displayed, modified, or distributed without the express prior written permission of the copyright holder. For permission, contact sierrawoodberry on Wattpad.com.
~~~~~~~