Lamb

The milky moonlight burst through the trees, illuminating the camp in a starry glow. The deep, delphian sky loomed above a camp of sleeping cats, prey scurrying into their places. The stench of prey and wet sand floated around the gorge they lived in. A thick cloud of cold air blew around the camp, making the cats shiver in their own nest. As the night progressed on, a ginger cat slunk out of a hole in a ledge, leaping downward to the ground. He stalked into a den, a bundle of herbs laying in his mouth. He slowly wrenched open a kits mouth, slipping in an unknown yellow berry. The small white kit twitched uneasily then sat still. Once he looked pleased, he vanished out of thin sight.
   Lambkit awoke from her slumber to screaming. She opened her bright golden eyes, glancing around. A kit named Cedarkit, a bark-colored she-cat, laid limp while her mother, Fallenflight, wailed in anguish. Lambpaw's mother's sister brushed her spine fur gently with her paws. Larkwing burst into the den, gasping for air. "I'm sorry!" She gasped. "There's a new disease going around! It's called 'Kitten Fever!' A kit that has been infected will only have one hour to live!"
   "My daughter!" She bellowed, burying her muzzle into her daughter's side. Her other daughter, Marshkit, grieved silently beside her mother, mutely saying her prayers for her dead sister.
   Later that day, she and her friend, Mousekit, tumbled around on the sand turf many cats called home. The hazel trees that stood on the cliff of the gorge swayed in the numbing wind, and the hedges rustled. The smog of polar weather drifted around the camp, making nearly everyone miserable.

   Twilight soon aspired in the distance, soon bringing the upcoming death of Beekit, Lambkit's brother. But, the dark gray she-kit didn't give her concern as she was asleep.
   Lambkit and her other friend, Lilykit, were playing moss ball with two other toms named Swiftkit and  Crowkit. The black tom bounced up, his paw swatting at the moss ball with brutal force. The small gray she-kits shrieked as they made an attempt to run away. The partners of two kits leaped into the den before the Moss ball hit them.

   Once again the moon rose in the distance. 'I will not let this happen to my friends.' She thought, sitting up straight. 'I will stay up all night if I have to!' As she grew tired, Mousekit snapped her awake, since she was a part of her arrangement.
   After millions of heartbeats later, a ginger tom with lime green eyes walked ploddingly into the den, a bundle of what seemed to be herbs. He drew back, gasping in panic. "Mom!" Lambkit exploded.
   The dark gray she-cat rose up, moaning. "What is it Lambkit?"
   "I found the culprit!" She squealed as she landed on his back.
   "For what?"
   "The kits!" She pointed her paw at the bundle of herbs, which were leaking out with yellow berries. "I've seen the juices of the berries in the victim's mouth!"
   The kits were brushed off of the finger and white tom as he attempted a run for it. Eaglefrost broke into a bustle, running swiftly to chase him out.
   After that day, the ginger tom was never seen again, too afraid of being put on death row. "And that was all because of two kits who went past their curfew."
"Uhh,"