Prelude

The Joker tends to run the place around here, I must admit.

On Me: Around six months ago I wrote my first draft of a fanfiction that has seemingly taken over my life: Crazy For You. It chronicles Harley Quinn's early relations with the Joker from their first meeting to her "transformation" of sorts. I have always been a fan of the Harley/Joker dynamic and that was incredibly fun to toy around with. I almost viewed Crazy as a prequel of sorts to Suicide Squad. That story was rooted in the DC Extended cinematic universe and I took inspiration from Jared Leto and Margot Robbie's brilliant portrayals of the characters. If you want to get used to my writing style and taste, I highly suggest you redirect yourself to my profile and read that story. (Disclaimer: Crazy For You recently underwent a heavy rewrite and I deleted the story. The edited one that I reposted doesn't have very many views or favorites; please don't let that factor deter you from reading.)

On Gotham: As well as being a fan of the DCEU portrayal of the Joker, I have grown quite a fondness for Cameron Monaghan's zanier antics on Gotham. I think he is a brilliant and terribly handsome young actor who deserves a partner in crime who is (almost) as audacious as he is. Jerome Valeska is one of the more unusual visions of the Clown Prince and I feel like I have truly grown to love him.

On this Story: Since Gotham has created a whole other type of Gotham City/Batman Universe and given the Joker a totally different origin story, I thought it only fair to shake things up when it came to Harley Quinn. I view my main character Katherine as almost a proto-Harley. My goal for these characters is to make Katherine a jumping-off point for Jerome.
When Jerome (as the Joker in the years to come) meets Harleen Quinzel, I want him to see a little bit of Katherine in her. Katherine is the original Harley Quinn, the initial partner in crime. I want her to be Jerome's first real love, the girl who he tries to recreate when he eventually meets Harley.

Of course this is all rights reserved and DC Comics/Warner Brothers owns most of these characters (except for our heroine and a sprinkling of originals I'm throwing in).

I sincerely hope you enjoy :)