Chapter 7

{Sherlock's pov}

The past few days had been spent trying to track Irene Adler. It was like trying to follow a single fish in a school of a thousand, all identical to the first. I decided that, as a last resort, I had to talk with D.I. Lestrade, and ask for some of his police force to help out with the tracking.

"Are you sure that this is necessary?" Lestrade questioned me.

"'Is it necessary?'" I mocked him, "of course it's necessary! Listen to me Jeff-"

"It's Greg."

"No its not."

"Actually it is."

I rolled my eyes for the seventh time that day. "I don't have time for this. This woman, The Woman, is extremely dangerous. I need everyone looking for her."

"Not our division."

"Gabe-"

"Greg."

"If I cared I would ask. If you and your goldfish won't do something, then I will."

A voice came from behind me, "did you just call me a goldfish?"

"Anderson nobody asked for your opinion it would be best if you would remain silent."

Anderson shut his mouth, and Lestrade began to think.

"Listen Sherlock, I really can't have that many people searching for this woman. I just can't help you."

I took a deep breath, then turned on my heel and walked strait out the door. Molly stood waiting for me. I continued to walk past her, and she hurried to catch up with me.

"I'm guessing that didn't go too well." She said, nervously.

"It looks like it's just you and I on The Woman's trail." I stopped, and turned to look her in the eye. "That is, if you want to help."

Molly's cheeks flushed pink. "Could I really be of any help?"

"Of course you could." I assured her. "You've been of much help so far. I've always trusted your opinion."

I realized after I had said it that I had complimented her, but it was true. I've always trusted Molly, and she has always counted to me. She blushed even more, and smiled up at me.

"I'd love to help you, Sherlock." She said quietly.

I smiled a bit more. "I'm glad to hear it." Without thinking, I grabbed her hand and started towards the exit of the Scotland Yard building.