4

Niall doesn't know why but he oddly felt like one of those stars in the movies as he sat at the back of the car together with his grandmother, a week and half later after that incident back at home. They had landed half an hour ago and now they were driving to their, as what her grandmother said, new home.

New home.

Just hearing those two simple words deeply saddens Niall. To some, those words probably meant new beginnings, better opportunities, greener pastures or perhaps, a completely new and better life.

New life? Unfortunately, yes.

But greener pasture, better opportunities and better life? Nope and cannot be.

Because to Niall, this new home did not only mean a new life, it was also a reminder.

A reminder, that he had to move because it was his fault his brother died, that his parents (he doesn't even know if he has the right to call them those words) are now repulsed at the mere sight of him, and that because his grandmother took pity on him, he was no longer sent to some boarding school.

Those words served as reminders that he, a worthless pathetic person that should be buried six feet underground instead of his innocent younger brother, is alive.

And the mere fact that he's indeed still breathing angers him. Honestly, right now, he couldn't care less if a truck would come rushing straight towards them and rammed the car into nothingness. But that would just be selfish of him, yes, he deserves to die but his grandmother and the driver definitely don't.

Niall mentally scolded himself for even thinking of that.

"I should have just went to that boarding school, then maybe, I can do what ever the hell I want."

"Uhuh! You could jump off a cliff there and no one would even notice. Or you could just walk right in front of a moving vehicle. Or you could just shoot yourself and you'll easily bleed to death. There's so much more interesting ways to do it you know."

Niall's conscience offered. To say that it didn't sound inviting would be bullshit. Niall could just imagine his conscience right in front of him; dark static figure with its hands stretched towards him, dull blank eyes scrutinizing his very being and a bloody toothless mouth sporting an evil smirking smile; asking, begging, pleading for him to end his life.

Just the thought of that made Niall shiver and all he could think of is "f*ck! I'm going crazy!".

Snapping out of his thoughts, Niall noticed they had entered into what seemed like a high-end subdivision. And then it him, they've arrived!

Taking in the sorrounding, he could easily tell that time definitely did well to the place because even if he could vaguely remember the last time he was here and how it looked, just by merely looking at it, he could say that so much had changed.

Before, there were only a few houses here and there that it would actually take you atleast fifteen minutes to walk to reach your so called neighbor. Trees also covered most parts that one could actually classify the area as a protected forest area.

Now though? Rows of beautiful majestic houses lined up the streets, all in different styles and colors. Lush trees, blooming flowers, well groomed bushes, beautifully scuplted carvings; well taken cared gardens and yards can be seen sorrounding every house. Niall could even see a beautifully landscaped park, a basketball court, and a tennis court. Who knows there might even be a club house? 

Niall was actually amazed at how much the place had been developed, civilization and urbanization very much dominant but nevertheless, everything looks expensive, posh and proper.