ii

"frogs reproduce in a specific way, at a-"
mr. greyson continued his lecture on frog reproduction as tyler tuned out the boring hour that was biology.

"josh?" oh, tyler's hour just got a bit interesting.

"don't they lay them in the water?"

"that's right, nice one."

tyler looked up to see josh silently communicating with one of his friends, brendon. from what tyler could tell, brendon was making fun of josh for actually answering a question, but he could also be congratulating him for...making breakfast or something. he was just guessing.

it was complicated, tyler's feelings.

he thought brendon was hot, but could never get close enough to him. sure they talked a few times, but drifted apart as soon as they started to get more friendly. they just didn't connect, although tyler wasn't giving up on that just yet.

you see, tyler is a boy with his own little pleasures, and brendon tells everyone his pleasures.

yes, he's a fuckboy.

...

but a hot one.

tyler always asks himself why he even tries to make eye contact with someone like brendon, why he even has hope that one day they'll kiss and have a magical fuck, and somehow get married in the next few years. well, the reason he has hope is that he happens to believe in true love.

yes.

true love for the boy and the fuckboy.

over the past few months, tyler has been coming up with a plan. just because he doesn't pay attention in class, doesn't mean he's too dumb to make a killer plan.

that's where josh comes in. josh, aka brendon's best friend, aka guy who seems like he wouldn't be friends with brendon but is anyways.

tyler's plan was to get close to josh, and hopefully josh would make tyler hang out with his friends. tyler (after spending more time with josh's friends [including brendon] ) would get even closer to his extremely attractive friend, and they'd start to fall in love.

couldn't be that difficult, right?

tyler clued in on how long he'd been replaying his plan over and over after he heard that noise again.

ring. ring.