Chapter 1

~21 years later~

I sip the cup as the blood drips down my lip. My dad laughs at me. I flash my fangs at him, signalling for him to stop. He just laughs even harder.

I wipe my blood stained chin and get up from the table. I was getting sick of blood. Im half human too.

"Dad, why cant I have a human food, every once in a while?" I pleaded at him miserably.

"Because you're a demon, not a pathetic mortal...now sit back down and wait until we are finished.

I look around the table, every eye on me. Why do we have so many in our group? Why cant my dad just let it be us two...he wouldnt be so busy.

I sit back down quietly at the long dining table. And look down, sharpening my nails.

"Why dont you want to be a demon, son?" He said to me with a stern look on his face.

"I never said I didnt want to be a demon, I love it. It's just Im not fully demon like all of you, so I have human needs too." I lied to him.

He looked around the room. "You may go" He said to me.

I nodded my head and swept through the doors of the dining hall, and quickly entered the tower.

I found the way to my room, and entered without hesitation. I looked out the window, eyeing my surroundings carefully.

I want to be normal, I dont want to be a demon. I dont like blood as much as my father. I wish I knew better to kill my mom.

I glare out the window, wanting to be free so badly. I spread my wings in room, letting them stretch. I just want to kick the window out and let myself be free from everything.

I make a quick decision and do it, I kick out the window and fly out without hesitation. My dad can proably here me, but Im just as fast as him. I fly, and fly until I reach thousands of people eyeing a stage, with awful sounds coming out of it. This is to much for my ears!

I quickly fly past the stage and journey to what looks like billions of cars driving through a large street. I catch a glimpse of a girl walking towards a small shop.

She looks beautiful. Everything about her. Her Eyes. Her Face. Her Blood.

Come on, Vincent. You know you want to devour every inch of her. Taste the sensation that lies deep inside of her. Let her be yours. You can take her. You can have her. Eat up, Little Vince. Eat up!

No! I shout to the voice inside my head. It reminds me of my fathers voice the cruel, devilish sound that plays in my ears every so often.

I flap my wings while I land down on a tall building, I see an alley in between this building and another, I jump down the 60 foot drop.

I pull up my hood and walk onto the streets examining all the figures around, wanting to be one of them.

I see a store lit up, more than the rest. There seems to be a lot of people in there at dark. Hm..I walk in and examine my surroundings. I can see small metalic things, that light up if you touch them. I see apples all around the store, and a bunch of people dressed in blue with devices around there necks.

I walk up to one, "Where am I?"

He holds his hand out, and finishes talking to someone else...He looks at me and stares in disbelief. "Well..um youre in New York of course, and this...well this is the apple store! We sell cell phones, and other cool devices! We have a sale today, if you-"

He was talking to much...I decide to leave this place that smells of sweat and technology and try to go somewhere new.

I see another place, that seems hopping with excitement. I smell something delightful in the store,...i take a few sniffs and immediately fall in love. I find cicular looking brown things everywhere...with little signs below them. "Chocolate Chip" "Peanut Butter"