Into the Town

We finished breakfast at 11:00 giving us time to take a bus into London's more populated areas. We sat at the top of the double decker bus! My favorite seat on the bus.

I sat next to my father who tapped his foot to some song or dance inside his head. He then released a loud sigh tilting his head back. "If you are eleven today, then how old does that make me?" He says tilting his head back and grimacing as I whisper "thirty-one,".

As we get off the bus Mum already has a list of pre-approved appropriate stores for an eleven year old. My father and I race for Guitar World! Our favorite store in the whole mall! He plays the acoustic guitar and can sing quite well too.

I enjoy my dad's company, he is a doctor for people with spine problems or diseases. My mum works with interior design. That should explain the green walls and chandelier. She has a P.h.d in Organic Chemistry, but chose to follow her dreams. I really look up to them in that sense, they taught me to be independent and sure of myself.

I have no idea what I might want to get a degree in or possibly make for myself in life. Dad says "Don't think on it," and "To live while your young,"
Mum then adds "Just don't live recklessly," she usually casts a sideways glance to my father.

I found a super cute lace up boots, a new T-shirt, two new pairs of jeans, a necklace, vanilla perfume, and a new mani pedi. Instead of getting me six things I want from the mall as long as they are reasonably priced.

As it got later in the day my excitement grew this was an experience I had been waiting for my whole life! I'm a bit of a spazz so don't blame me, I started jumping up and down and up and down and up and down.

I saw Jackie's mom at Hollister. I've been friends with Jackie since kindergarten when we were both in Ms. Jewel's class.  I go to a private school, we would sit in our navy blue checkered skirts and braid each other's hair.

I silently thought while we passed a boutique that smelled of lavender how much I missed my grandmother. She had died last year from Dementia, it was so hard to watch the strong stern woman I once knew forget everything she loved and herself too. I loved my Granny I still do. She used to smell like lavender and peppermint. She would take me to eat at Randal's when I was younger, she took me to the city too. She believes in exploring!

Mum is nothing like Granny. Mum has a quick tongue, a somewhat bitter personality. Were Granny had cold eyes Mum had warm brown, Grannies short fingers and Mums long, Granny tall and Mum petite, they were so incredibly different yet I love them both so much.

"Good heavens, well I've about lost track of time!" My mum says checking the pocket watch that used to be Granny's. "It's eleven thirty four, let's go Ricardo," she snaps grabbing my dad's forearm. We catch a taxi immediately and start driving to my dreams.