Befriend the Girl

Draco's POV

Throughout the whole performance I watch her, she is my age and purely beautiful. Her eyes light up with each solo especially the violas. She sways slightly in her seat letting the music take her, command her as the night drifts by. I have so many questions.

Her father worked with mine at the ministry about thirteen years ago, and her mother attended school with my parents. Wouldn't that make her a pureblood? She said Riddle was her mother's maiden name, father didn't believe her. I could tell by the way he tilted his head like he was a snake examining its prey. She is quite beautiful. Charming, clever even.

I lean over to whisper to my mother "Mother, who is she?" I ask.

I watch her turn her eyes to my father, he pretends he doesn't notice. "Luscious," her tone is cool. "Lucius who is the girl"

He swallows and whispers eyes focused on the soloist "I do believe she is not Katy or Ricardo's daughter," he turns his gaze over to her parents, "I believe she is the daughter of two wizards, one whom I believed was dead,"

"You can't be serious," Mother gasps. "You couldn't possibly believe she is the daughter of the Dark Lord,"

"Narcissa, I believe we should invite our old friends into our home," his eyes still on the stage.

"Darling, if the Dark Lord was here-" My mother is cut if by my father's icy tone.

"He would want us to keep a close eye on his daughter,"

"But father," I counter "Aren't her parents blood-traitors? They live like muggles, I don't think think she had any idea about the wizarding world!"

"Draco, listen to me!" He sneers "Before he died Vold- The Dark Lord made it quite clear he wanted his daughter killed, no one knew why because the night he killed Katrina the girls mother, was the very night he was destroyed by Harry Potter," he pauses for effect "If you were Dumbledore, would you want to leave an infant in the Wizarding World with the serial killers who think her death may be the way to bring the Dark Lord back to life?"

I swallow " No sir, I wouldn't,".

"Good," he says looking pleased.

The rest of the audience then start clapping some stand up, all I can do is stare as Diamond stands clapping wildly.