Chapter 1 - The Artist

Author's Note
This is happening before Genji's 'death' and thier father's death. I hope that makes things more clear for the plot of the this story. Also I don't know what Genji's/Hanzo's father name was so he is going to be called either Mr. Shimda or father. Update: I now do know their father's name!

~*Hanzo's p.o.v.*~

It has been a week since I have asked for a tattoo artist and the clan still hasn't gotten me one. Father is probably making sure that artist won't be a back stabber and that they will be expendable in a case anything goes wrong. If they do turn out be a back stabber, I will take care of them personally.
I picked up my bow from its case and went towards the practice range. The range was full of targets that were placed at the most bizarre places. You had to be very athletic if you wanted to get the perfect shots on them. Luckily I was very athletic so it was no problem for me to jump around and hit the targets perfectly. After my first round of practice Genji came out to interrupt me.
"What is it now, Genji?" I asked him, expecting him to tell me to go off on another mission from father. Genji approached me casually and picked up a couple of shurikens from one of the targets. He threw one of them at a target and get a perfect shot. Genji stopped practicing and looked at me.
"Can't I just practice with my brother, like I used to?" Genji asked me. I relaxed when Genji answered me, it's been a long time since me and Genji could just relax. That's part of the reason why we are at each others throats so much. I gave Genji a nod and we both went back to practicing.
"Oh by the way," Genji said casually, "father found you a tattoo artist." I stopped firing my bow and looked at him.
"This isn't one of your jokes is it?" I asked him seriously. A smirk appeared on his face.
"You are going to like her, she sure is something..." Genji drifted off and I could tell he wasn't lying. If Genji is dreaming about her she has to be real, he doesn't have enough brains to make up someone that would make him start to drool.
"Father sent you to get me didn't he?"
"Yup." I sighed and walked off towards father's office. I was really hoping that me and Genji could just relax but of course that isn't possible. I swung my bow on to my back and continued to walk to father's office. Once I got there I heard two voices coming from father's office, father's and a girl's. I knocked on the door of the office and heard my father's voice welcome me inside, I slid the door open and walked inside. One of father's servants closed the door behind me and I was welcomed by a girl with (h/c) hair. She smiled at me and shook my hand.
"You must be Hanzo," she concluded, "Oh sorry I mean Mr. Shimda." I gave her a nod and looked towards my father.
"This is Miss (l/n) she will be your tattoo artist," father explained, "She is one of the best artists that we could find in the area so we hope she doesn't fail." I looked over to Miss (l/n) and saw her blush a little bit.
"Honestly Mr. Shimda you could have chosen someone better than me for the job, I don't think I'm that good." Miss (L/n) humbly said.
"Well," father said, "if you do not want to lose your head I suggest you do not fail." Miss (L/n) eyes grew wide with fear and I couldn't blame her, I have had to deal with his anger before and you do not want to be on the receiving end of it. Miss (l/n) nodded quickly and looked eager to start.
"When do I start?" She asked.
"As soon as Hanzo wants you to." father answered. "You will be staying in one of our guest rooms until you have completed your job, Hanzo will show you there."  Father signaled towards me and I walked out of the room, Miss (l/n) following me.
"So Miss (l/n)..." I started before she interrupted me.
"Please call me (y/n)," she said quickly, " I'm not used to being so formal."
"So Miss (y/n)..."
"Just (y/n)"
"So (y/n)" I said with a light chuckle, "you are a tattoo artist?"
"Yes!" (Y/n) said proudly, "I have loved art since I was young and so it only made sense for me to follow it as my career!" I gave her an approving nod as we turned the corner to (y/n's) room. I opened a sliding door to a decent sized room. There was a queen bed in one corner and a desk in the other. The room was equipped with both heating and A/C so (y/n) wouldn't be uncomfortable. (Y/n) walked into the room with an look of awe on her face.
"I get this room?" She asked me doubtfully. I nodded and she spun around in the room still amazed by her luck. Her (h/c) hair caught my eye as she spun, I couldn't take my eyes of her beautiful hair. I shook my head at my thoughts, knowing that I shouldn't feel like this towards someone I just meet. I'm not like Genji, he jumps at every girl he sees. It works sometimes for him but it wouldn't work for me, everyone loves Genji. I let out a sigh and (y/n) spun back around to look at me.
"Everything alright Mr. Shimda?" She asked. I gave her small nod and she frowned. "You don't talk very much, do you?" I shook my head in answer, realizing that, honestly I don't talk very much. She gave me a small chuckle and grabbed my arm pulling me to the desk. "Well if you don't talk, how am I going to know what you want for a tattoo?" (Y/n) pulled out a sketch book from her bag that I didn't realize that she was carrying. She flipped through a few pages and I saw a glimpse of what she could do. There was a cat and dog sitting next to each other. The two were very realistic and were given a label under them, the dog was labeled Natsu and the cat was labeled Lucy. She flipped a few more pages and I saw two dragons. The dragons were twisted in and out of one each other forming a spiral, one was colored green and the other was blue. The dragons were particularly a copy of each other the only difference was the color.
"Wow..." I gasped as she flipped through more pages intill she got to a blank page, "you are a really good artist." (Y/n) blushed a little bit from my compliment.
"I'm not that great," she said sadly, "there will always be someone else better than me..." I shook my head at her answer.
"Sure there will always be someone better than you, but you are better than most people." I said with insurance. (Y/n) gave me a warm smile and nodded.
"You're right I should think about the positive things." (Y/n) grabbed a pencil out her bag and wrote down a few things, I leaned over her shoulder and read what she wrote down.

Hanzo, Mr. Shimda, Oldest Shimda Brother
- quite
- tries to think positive
- keeps to himself

"I like to write down things about my clients," (y/n) explained, "that way thier tattoo will be as close to their personality as possible." I nodded at her reasoning. "You don't mind if I hang around with you, do you?" She asked, " It's just so that I can think of ideas for your tattoo and learn my way around." (Y/n) picked up her sketch book and pencil, ready to follow me if I said yes. I gave her a small nod and she jumped up in the air. "Yay!" She said happily.
"On one condition," I said seriously, "If I have to suddenly leave or go do something, you must not complain and go straight back to the living courts. Do not follow me or ask to come with." (Y/n) nodded her head quickly, she was still excited about being able to follow me. I walked out of her room and (y/n) quickly followed.
"So where are we going?" She asked.
"I haven't gotten to finish my daily practice yet, so we're going to the practice range."

Author's Note
I hope you enjoyed this! Don't forget to leave a vote and comment! Thank you for reading my story and have a nice day/night. Also there will be more Genji in the next chapter! So don't worry Genji lovers he will be in this story soon enough!