Chapter 1: Macarons (Eve)

Okay this chapter was a bitch to re-write. Now I only have a few more to edit\re-write and then I'll continue it. This will probably have a maximum of ten chapters, it will be short. There's not much to it.

~Bee-Chan

~*~

Because... we will see each other again!

A car, a café, a horrible driver, and a street is all it takes to separate me from Garry.

I don't remember exactly what happened that day. My earliest memory is Garry picking me up from house and us leaving for the café. As we crossed the streets I heard tires squealing... and then darkness. A few days later, I woke up. I learned that Garry had protected me from an oncoming car. I had gotten out with a few scratches, a broken arm, and a concussion, while he had so much damage that his body shut down and now he's in a coma.

It's all my fault...

~9 Years Later...~

I looked over at a sleeping Garry, his heart monitor beeping steadily and returned to my book. My birthday was in a few days which would mean I would be officially the same age as Garry. It would be an understatement if I said I had a crush on Garry when I was younger. I was full blown in love with the man, I still am. I'm done with high school and its summer. Yet here I am shutting myself into a hospital room.

I would be going to college next year to become a doctor. I'm going to use everything within my power to help Garry wake up. It's only a dream though...

I looked at the clock on the wall it was already dinner time. I closed my book and got up from my seat by the window and stretched, popping my back. My stomach growled and I giggled. I repositioned my light blue baby doll dress and made my way over to Garry's bed. I kneeled down to his level and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

"I'll be back tomorrow, Garry. Please wake up soon, it's almost my birthday. I'll be the same age as you." I got up and opened the door to leave the room; I was stopped by a woman with light purple hair, it was graying and her blue eyes reminded me of Garry's.

"Oh excuse me, is this Garry Smith's room?" I nodded stepping back to let her in. She closed the door behind her, almost daring me to leave. I retreated back into the room and she looked me up and down.

"And you are?" She questioned me.

"E-Eve. A very close friend of Garry's."

"Oh my I've heard of you. You were with him in the accident, were you not?" I nodded my head and retreated to my seat.

"I'm his aunt, Anabelle, call me Anne. Garry was disowned. That's why you never see anyone visit. Thank you for taking care of him." She looked down sadly at Garry. "This is the last time I'll be able to see you. Good bye, Garry." She turned around to me, "We're pulling the plug."

I was outraged.

"Excuse me?" I was now standing at Garry's side. "Your family disowned him. I make the decisions now. He is under my protection. Don't do this to me, don't do this to Garry. I love him and you can't do this. Please, Anne. Don't do this." Tears made their way down my face.

She looked taken aback as if she had seen the nine year old me trapped in the gallery.

"I... I... Eve... It's been nine years. He can't be tortured like this." I looked over at Garry wiping a few stray tears away. "You have a few days to say good bye." She said before leaving.

I slumped down to the floor sobbing loudly. "Please wake up Garry... Please... I don't want you to die..." I choked out between sobs. "Please..."

Anne walks back in and I clutch at her sobbing on her shoulder. She takes me out of the room and brings me down to the cafeteria. I start to calm down when she sets a slice of strawberry cheesecake in front of me. I take a small bite and sob. Her voice is soothing when she speaks up, "Garry wouldn't want to see you cry." I smile a bit taking another bite. I wipe away my tears with my free hand and look at the familiar sapphire eyes filled with kindness. What she said next shocked me. "We didn't find out about the Garry until recently. His father is a complete arse; he filled out the papers to pull the plug without consulting us beforehand. I can't save him, only he can save himself. You would have made a cute wife for him." I smile again and get up from my seat.

"Thank you, Anne. Do stay in touch, it would be lovely to talk with you some more. I could even make you some pastries."

"That would be lovely Eve." I grabbed my notepad and pen out of my hidden pocket and wrote down my number, handing it to Anne before heading back to Garry's room for my things.

After I reached his room, I placed my chair next to his bed and sat down. I grabbed his hand rubbing it with my thumb, a few silent tears making their way down my face and onto his cheek.

"Just wake up."