Chapter 2: Nightmares (Garry)

Chapter two is up and running! ^^

~Bee-Chan

Running is all I can seem to manage.

Run! Run Garry! Run! That’s all I hear. All I can tell myself. I just want to rest…

Yet all I can do is run.

I’ve been in and out of this gallery about three thousand times. It’s unbearable watching Eve sobbing over my deceased body or in front of the portrait that hangs where “The Hanged Man” once hung. Each time I “die”, I stay until Eve makes it out of the gallery or decides to stay and then I find myself on the floor looking up at Eve who holds my blue rose. Then we meet Mary and then we get separated. Every time, I seem to find another door after Eve and Mary split up with me. It tempts me to go in, it’s like I’m supposed to unlock some sort of memory or something. Not once have I gotten out of this gallery, this gallery full of monsters.

~*~

I looked at Eve and Mary who turned around the corner, the sound of a door closing soon followed. I didn’t wait around and went straight back into the “Red Eyes” room. How could Mary find these… these things cute? They were downright disturbing dolls straight from a horror movie. I moved the bookshelf on the right side of the room, revealing the hole, and crawled through. Next to the right side of the cords was a new door, I haven’t seen this one before… I cautiously put my ear to the door and listened for movements or talking. I heard two women in a heated discussion.

“Excuse me?” There was a short pause, “Your family disowned him. I make the decisions now. He is under my protection. Don’t do this to me, don’t do this to Garry. I love him and you can’t do this. Please, Anne. Don’t do this.”

Garry”… Are they talking about me?

“I… I… Eve… It’s been nine years. He can’t be tortured like this.” Was that my aunt? “You have a few days to say good bye.” That’s my aunt Anabelle… and Eve… But Eve is here. It must be someone else.

My interest was really peeked now and I rushed into the room without a second thought.

It was… empty, there was no one here. The door swung behind me and a locking sound followed it. I rushed back to the door desperately trying to open it. There was a small couch sitting in the corner. A painting hung above the couch and bookshelves, that reached the ceiling, were placed around the perimeter of the room.

I sat down on the left side of the couch and grabbed the closest book to me and began reading.

I guess I could stay here. It was quiet, there was no one to disturb me, I could live under the gallery.

No… I’m losing hope…

“Just wake up.” I heard someone whisper in my right ear. I looked to the right of me to find a brunette in a red dress with a white collar and sash, next to me. Her head was down and her long brown hair covered her face. She was holding my hand and rubbing it with her thumb. A few tears splashed onto her lap, but I felt them splash on my cheek. I reached for her and brushed her hair behind her ear and showing me a porcelain face with ruby red eyes and perfect pink lips. She looked up at me, “Just wake up.”

~*~

My eyes opened wide to the bright lights of a hospital. I took in my surroundings, the door was closed as well as the curtain, there was a mechanical beeping next to me coming from the monitor, and something was tightly clasping my hand. Something warm…

What was I doing here…?

I jerked my body upwards and quickly regretted it, I lay back down and look over to my right, a petite lady was resting her head on my bed, her breathing heavy, and her hand clasped mine. My coat was enveloping her like a thick blanket.

Wait this girl…

Who is she and why does she look like Eve?

What was I doing?

Why am I in a hospital?

Think…

Think…

“THINK!” I yelled, my throat dry and raspy, just like my voice. I startled the girl beside me awake. Her ruby eyes were wide and a grin became present on her face. She jumped up and strangled me into a tight hug.

“Garry! You’re awake! They… They were going to pull the plug… I was so worried…” She sobbed into my shoulder.

“Who… Who are you?” She looked up at me.

“I’m Eve…”

Eve…

Eve… is a small nine year old child… This can’t be my Eve… Can it?

She took my hand. “Garry, it’s me, Eve. I’m the one you saved from Mary, the one you saved from the car crash. I’m Eve, the one who escaped with you from under the gallery. Don’t you remember?”

My Eve…

“Y-you’re older…” She nodded her eyes showed sadness.

“You’ve been in a coma for nine years.”

“Nine years…” She kissed my cheek and got up.

“I’ll go find the doctor.” She pulled out her cell phone and left the room quietly.

My Eve… is all grown up…