Chapter 4: Detective Jorge Meyer

"A warm cup of coffee, for the best detective in the world" a firm, cold voice said giving a cup to a beautiful lady sitting in a desk with her feet on the table.

"Oh, thank you Roger." a sweet, firm but tough voice said while receiving the cup. Then the man named Roger made a slight salute, that shows respect and also saying 'your welcome'. a few moments later someone knock the door of her office. The lady and the man named Roger was so suspicious, because no one had ever went in her office except for Roger and the captain. Roger went to the door and answered it. The lady was seriously watching at Roger and the person behind the door. She was trying to make a slight glimpse on the person, but Roger is blocking him.

"What is the purpose of our visitor Roger?" She asked, patiently with her fine voice. She can't wait to see whoever the visitor is. Then, Roger made a sign of wait to him. He went to the lady in the desk. She was shocked of what Roger said:

"He is another detective from the other precinct." but she was more shocked when she heard the name: Dixon James. She thinks hard if she will let him in, but he was already here, waiting for an an answer. When he step in the room with his black leather coat and black slocks with a white shirt in. She looks gorgeously handsome with his style. It might be one of the reason why Jazzmine fall in love to him.

"Good morning Ms. Meyer." He greeted with a slight smile, that make him more attractive. The lady put her feet down.

"What can I do for the best detective?" She said with a pitched voice.

"I'm not the best Ms. Meyer. But that is not the reason why I am here." Dixon said in his old American accent. Meyer raise an eye brow, thinking very hard why would the best detective in the other precint will go to another detective from another precint. She has no idea, so she ask for the hint.

"If it's not the reason, then what can I do for you?" She asked, still in her sweet gestures.

"I am here for your new case?" He said. Then a part of Meyer's mind is full of questions. What? Where? Which? Why? A lot of it are unanswered. All. So, she raise her eye brow-- which she put down when Dixon speak-- with her eyes asking or begging for answers.

"What do you mean?" there is a sound of tense in her voice.

"The case of Jazzmine Rae S. Jackson." when he said those words, Meyer's heart beat fast. Then her face frowned.

"I can't understand you."

"I want to have your case about her." then Meyer burst a laugh,

"I'm sorry, sorry," she said still laughing.

"Are you joking? You cannot have that. That's already mine."

" I know, and I need it. So I want that case." he said.

"No way, ask to the captain first,"

"I ask them." he said and both of them frowned.

"Them?" they both ask at the same time

"Yes. Your Captain my Captain and the Cheif of our district," he said with confidence.

"but," he said like all his confidence was lost in his body.

"But, what Detective?" she ask and it was like she already know what is next.

"But...the last...the last decision is- is... yours" he said and he burst out a slight sigh. Then, Meyer smiles and without second thought he finished their conversation. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you Detective James, but as we all know, each Detective has responsibility, and I guess I have mine and also you," she said with sweet gestures. Dixon already understand all but it was like his heart was burried in a place with hundred tons rock. But luckily, it was not that literal.

So, he walk through the door and step out. Each pair of eyes were staring at him. All of them are asking one quetion: What is he doing here?

He stepout of the door and went to his car, thinking of a way to have her case. He remembered something that the chief said: This not just a problem, this a big one. Then one thing step in his mind. "If she won't help you, then help her."  chief said to him at the end of their conversation. But, he don't give attention to it, he just drive back in his apartment.

When he was back he was thinking of things happened. About Meyer, the problem and of course Jazzmine. He has no idea what really happened to her. That's why he needs to have her case.

She went to shower, eat some food and ready himself to sleep. He take off his shirt, that reveal his mascular body. He went to his bed and reviewed things that happened to him. But while thinking about it he was also thinking of her.

The more he thinks of that Meyer, the more he thinks of her and the more emotions are coming out. He have no idea what to do.

Remembering all he remembers: if she won't help you, then help her. Right. He will hlp her.

Morning rises, he woke up early and went to his precint. Then after moments of talking to his captain, he drove to their main office.

"What can I help you detective?" the chief asked.

"You told me that if she won't help me, then I'll help her," the chief raised an eyebrow asking for his point.

"Then, I'm ready to help her." he said and made the chief smirk. The chief can't help it but to be amazed.

Someone knocked the door and came in. It was his asistant. She went straight to him and whisper something. The chief frowned then he nod to his assistant. She went out, then someone opend the door. It is a girl, a tall, dark and beautiful girl. She also had black hair and dark eyes. She is the person that Dixon won't forget. One of the best detective.

Meyer.

"I think this is a great time to talk to both of you," The chief said in a calm, voice. Meyer sit at the empty chair, infront Dixon. After it was silence.

A deafening silence.

"Meyer," the chief broke the silece. With out any hesitation he said it straight to the point, that made both of them stiffen on their sit.

"I want to introduce to you, your new partner."