Chapter 1: The Man With No Roof

I've continued on the trail for who knows how long, without reaching any end. It was the same. The trees, the color, the atmosphere, all the same.

The sky still had the grayness to it, no color, though it did seem to become darker, probably nightfall. I just hope I could find something before then, or I'd have to settle for the night. Not only I realized the impending darkness approaching, but I realized I had nothing on me. Just the clothes on my back. I could feel the wind through the trees and in the air. I could tell it was going to be I cold night.

I started to walk faster, giving myself hope that I'd get out of here sooner. That's when the wind started to howl like wolves on a full moon. At this point I threw my walking stick down and started to run. It was all the same, I could see no end to this God forsaken place.

The wind furosiously blowing and howling, the sound was unbearable. While I was still running, I tripped on a rock and tumbled off the trail to the side of the black trees that seeked no light. I ached pain and saw the scrapes on my arms. Though, the strange thing was the wind had suddenly stopped, just out of no where. I stood there staring at the tall colorless trees with fear and curiosity. I couldn't see anything through it was just... black. I swore I could whispers in the forest, telling me to go in. I stood there contemplating on what I should do.

I decided this trail has done me no good, why not go through the trees. I was about to step foot into the dark forest when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned around to see a middle-aged colored man. He was wearing really crusty looking jeans and a plaid button down. He also had an enormous backpack with all kinds of junk hanging out of it. I could tell he was middle-aged cause of the white and gray stubble on his face.

I was so startled by him, I didn't even realize I was on the ground. Neither of us said anything for a second until he reached out for me. I took his hand, that felt like a cold rock, and he pulled me up. "What's your name boy?" He questioned, his voice was scratchy and had a funny accent.

Though his question stumped me.
"My name?"
"Yes, your name son."
I couldn't remember my name.
"I can't remember my name."
"Don't remember?" He scratched the stubble on his chin in confusion.

"Do you mind telling me your name and where the heck I'm at. I awoke on this trail and I couldn't remember anything."

"Well my name is Earl Jones and the answer to your other question I can't answer, I'm afraid."

"How long have you been here?!" I asked frantically.

"Well to put this way, my story is the same as yours I awoke on this mysterious trail, couldn't remember a thing. I started walking but found no end. I'd say I've been here for  about a month I hav...."

"A month!!!? Wha-"

"Yes a month, I explain everything when we get to my place. We need to get there before dark." He lead me along the trail the same way I was going.

I decided my questions would be answered soon enough. I just went with it and followed the man into the unknown.