Chapter One

Chapter One

The boy dressed in a red polo t-shirt and Nikes on his feet stared out at the crowd in appreciation. Everything he had ever wanted, everything he had ever dreamt about was trapped within this moment. The thousands of faces of fans that were so dedicated, it scared him at times. Yet, he could not force himself to pull away from it all. His best mates were on stage next to him, thanking the audience for coming out tonight. It had been their first concert in Australia and one of the best yet.

"Thank you all so much for coming out," Louis said, a broad smile stretched across his face. "It means the world to us and we all hope you had the best time. We love you."

The listeners roared with delight and the lads all laughed in return, waving goodbye and heading off backstage. There was sweat dripping off their foreheads from the intense performance they had just put on and they all could not wait to peel their clothes off and change into sweats.

The band room they were staying in was pretty small compared to the one they got back in England, but they weren't complaining. They had a luxurious hotel room to return to soon. It was amongst one of the most spectacular things their management had ever done for them and the boys could not be more happier.

"The fans were so loud!" Liam, the sandy-haired boy exclaimed. He was beaming from ear-to-ear with joy. Like some kids look when they get handed their favourite toys for Christmas. "I don't know about you lads, but that was by far one of my favourite shows."

"Mine too." Zayn added, smiling from his spot on the blue couch. He held a phone in his hand, rapidly texting someone at the other end.

"You reckon all our shows are going to be like this?" The blonde haired boy asked, his ears red from all the dancing and prancing around he had done out on stage. "Because if they are, I'm fucking excited."

"Hopefully they will be," Harry answered, sending a look of acknowledgement his way. "I still can't believe we're this big here in Australia. Seems like just a few days ago we could barely get our names out in England. Now we're down under and selling out our own tour."

"Times flies, baby," Louis said, draping a long arm around the curly haired boy. "Time flies."

All five boys laughed and shook their head. Soon enough, after the tour, they would be flying off to America to record their second album. The plans were already made and set-up. Everything was intact and ready to go. Yet somehow, the Irish boy knew something extraordinary was about to happen. Something that was going to change the course of his life. He didn't know what it was yet, but he was eager to find out.

***

Tatum Ryder was the official manager of Old School Groove, or better known in their little town of Herringdale as OSG. They were a group of four talented teenage boys, best friends, who rocked gigs up and down the city. But despite their talent, though, they had yet to get anyone to sign them. That is what made Tatum the most furious. People whom she knew had the will, the dream, and the flair for the music industry got turned down day and night. The same went for OSG. They were immensely well constructed in both the music department and the looks department.

There was Parker, the brown haired, tall, smart guy who played base. There was Tommy, the red-haired joker who sat at the drums. Then there was Elliot, the lead guitarist and excessive flirt. And then finally came Denver, the lead singer who literally did nothing but sing. They were an odd bunch, yet their undeniable talent had them soaring high above the clouds. Well, in Herringdale anyways.

The way seventeen year old Tatum had gotten so lucky to be their unchangeable manager and close friend would forever remain a mystery to all those who did not already know. In the tenth grade, she caught Denver Hills singing All You Need is Love  under a tree in the courtyard when he thought no one was looking. She sought Tommy Winchester drumming holes into the desks of her English class. Parker Mackenzie was showing off to a bunch of people who didn't care and Elliot Samuels was playing for another band that thought too little of him.