egg raffle entry 1

Welcome to my first egg raffle entry(for this book)
Lucky AthratheSandwing gets to be the first raffle holder for this book(yay) thanks for making the raffle that finally convinced me to make this gosh darn book now lets get into it.

Quill left the cave shifting the mud over the entrance as usual making sure to double check that it was invisible to the unknowing eye. She spread her wings wide before giving a burst of power to lift off into the clouds, starting a rhythmic beat to stay aloft. She scanned around looking for anything of interest, the usual for her quick routine fly around of the patch of world she called home. After a bit of searching and checking she gave a quick glance at the sky deciding it was time to head back and make sure everything was ok back at home but as she gave one last look around she hesitated. She could have sworn on the three moons that the cliff side she usually flew by looked different. She flew down a little to get a better view and noticed a shifted boulder that revealed a cave, its dark interior beckoned her to come inside. She looked around noticing the beach not far to her left and just more cliff clustering the terrain to her right. She couldn't see any other suspicious terrain defaults and carefully entered the cave's depth. She hesitated as she started to hear a deep rumble that sounded like continuous thunder. She looked through her mind until she connected the noise to a water fall something an old skywing alley had told her and her siblings about once. She gave a quick burst of fire that lit up the closest walls and she nodded in satisfaction as she drew closer to the water fall glad she had known before she saw it.
Her talons scraped a few twigs and she jumped back for a second before realising it was just the frail sticks in front of her. She grabbed one in her left talon and with a burst of fire from her slowly cooling lungs she lit the end on fire and created a makeshift torch. She started to explore the dimly lit cave with growing interest. It was a simple cave, the waterfall she had heard before flowed from the furthest wall. The flow of water went from the waterfall to the middle of the cave before turning to the left side, the  side that she had noted to be a beach. As she explored further she realised there was even some make shift nests, ones made for and by dragon. As she investigated the closest one she realised it was clearly deserted and desolate, clearly abandoned a few days ago maybe weeks at max. She then walked up to the second one of the nests but stopped as she noticed an egg just resting on the side of it. She brought the torch closer to examine the egg and reached out to make sure it wasn't deathly cold yet. She sighed in relief when it wasn't and pulled the egg closer. Hoping to give it some of her warmth before it was to late. She noted the egg's red shine and was about to say it could be a lost skywing egg but the blue strips made her start to wonder.
Is it a hybrid? Quill asked herself genuinely curious about the dragonets identity. She shook her head in protest. It didn't matter what it looked like, even if it wasn't a dragon at all she could take care of it and show it the love it needed and deserved. She dropped the torch and made it die out with a few thumps of her tail before leaving the cave with the egg held close to her chest for protection and warmth. As she flew back home to her small mud cave she glanced back at the desolate cave. The home had clearly been abandoned, even if recently, and she was sure she did the right thing by bringing the egg to the safety of her small mud nursery.