Insanity (A Harry Styles Fanfic)

ADI'S POV

Everyone has a part of them that is full of insanity. Some can hold it in better than others, but there's a select few who can't control it. When the fine line between ordinary and psychotic is erased, and you are pushed beyond the breaking point, you become insane.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself crazy but 99 percent of the human population would. I live in NewHaven Psychiatric Institution, it's not the nicest place around but I'm alive right? I was put in this nuthouse three years ago for burning my step father in our own home. Now that sounds insane but I swear if you were in my position you would have done the same or even worse.

The past few months have been the most boring I have ever experienced. Day after day, hour after hour, non stop I have worked my butt off to get out of here. After all, i'm a perfectly sane 18 year old that just wants to live her life.

At this moment I was sitting in the "social center" or so they call it, where announcements are made and we have the chance to talk with other patients. Though I never talked to anyone because they were all truly insane. Some young some old, but I never saw the meaning in trying to be friend with these crazy people, we're all screwed anyway.

*intercom*

"The arrival of patient 74 will be occurring in the next hour or so, thank you"

In a way I was excited for this new person to be introduced. I'm always so amazed with how peoples minds work, I wonder what they did? Ate a man, skinned a child, endless possibilities.

After waiting and waiting, staring at a blank wall, I heard the large swinging doors at the end of the room being unlocked. Two strong guards walked through holding a man by the arms. I couldn't quite see his face but he looked about 20 years old. He had a tall build with a fluff of curly brown hair on the top of his head. I saw around me, many other patients looked worried as if he would break free with his superior strength. But how would they know, they're crazy.

When I stood from the table I was at, the man's gaze focused on me. I was in shock as I took in his dark features. He had large green eyes and bushy eyebrows that were furrowed into a frown. The new patient stopped where he was and stared at me with a smirk playing across his pink plump lips. My mouth opened in awe, I couldn't believe such a boy could possibly be stuck in this madhouse.