VIII

josh quickly grabbed his clothes that were scattered across the living room floor & pushed them underneath the sofa. he followed tyler to hide in a nearby jacket closet.

they were pressed up against each other in the tiny space, looking through a small sliver of open door they had, to see who was enter

"tyler?"

the brunette could feel josh's erratic heartbeat against his chest. he tried his best not to rustle with the clothing in the closet, as he could hear the sound of the footsteps approaching their huddle. "tyler? um, it's your sister, maddy? mom said you were home..."

tyler took on a look of confusion when he was alerted of his sister being here. all of tyler's siblings study abroad and barely kept in contact with the family, and the brunette didn't blame them — they were all overbearing as fuck.

the tv was still blaring from the front of the living room. tylers sister made her way to shut it off and looked around the house to check if anyone really was there.

"i-i guess not" madison concluded, exiting the house and shutting the door.

maybe she was just dropping by.

as soon as the couple saw the front door close form there spot,  they fell out of the closet's space. josh rushed to put on back his clothes that were pushed underneath the couch. tyler did the same, while staring at the way josh's hips moved slipping back in to that skirt.

josh grabbed his backpack and headed for the door. The brunette followed him to the door. "you leaving so soon?" tyler asked the shorter boy, mentally scremaing at his sister for interrupting their moment of contact.

"uh yeah." josh flashed a smile on his face as her trudged down the marble steps of his front porch.

"call me later?" tyler quickly added as he watched the boy stumble a little while walking down the sidewalk.

"we'll see what happens."

he shot up two fingers as he turned the corner. tyler sighed to himself and went back inside of his empty house.

"it was like, hard for me to fucking walk mel."

"jesus, the rich boy got something packin' If a hooker like you could say that."

"shut up." he playfully replied.

josh's face flushed a light pink when he responded to melanie over the phone. he was in the comfort of his own small room, looking towards the view of a broken down house across the street through his window. he remembered that some meth dealers used to live there, well, until they got caught by the cops. that was ages ago and the neighborhood's gotten a little better since then.

he sat with crossed legs, his back against his bed's headboard telling his best friend all about the fucking he received earlier in the day:

"I need to get back on my job."

"wait, you stopped?"

"well, it's been a while since my last costumer and I have to do it as much as I can 'ya know? I need the money." he played with the material of his fuzzy socks while wiggling his toes.

"oh shit. maybe you took a little break because of rich boy. tryna get some of his cheese?" his friend asked as she was rolling up some joints on her end. she held the phone between her ear and shoulder while doing so.

"i don't know what he's really thinking about me. he has been a bit clingy, but I think he's just into the fucking."

"I don't know joshy. you got that charm."

"joshua!" his mother called from the living room.

"i'll call you later melanie, mom's calling."

"be a good boy josh. tall to 'ya later." melanie hung up. josh threw his phone across the bed and made his way to the living room. his mother was sitting at a table in the corner, eying random papers across it.

"what's up mom?"

"hey, uh, why don'tcha sit down," the women gestured to the seat across from her. He took his seat, leaned on his arm and glanced at his mom. "yes?"

"how's life?"

"what?"

"tell me how is everything."

"fine." josh took on a blank expression when she asked these seemingly usual questions.

"you have a girlfriend?"

"you mean boyfriend?"

"oh yeah. b-boyfriend?"

"nope."

"how have your grades been?"

"okay mom, you and I both know that you're not interested in what i get in english. what's wrong? is it the money? i'm sorry I just been—"

"no not at all. I-I just want to be more in your life, y'know? other than being on the sidelines paying bills, trying to provide."

"well everything's fine. okay? i'll get my share of money for the bills soon."

"I love you josh."

"I love you too mom. i know it's hard but we'll make it."

"yeah. just promise me..."

"promise you what?" josh asked as his mother took his delicate hand and placed it in hers.

"just try and make the right decisions."

he always thought he had no shame when it came to his prostitution, but the hopeful look in her eyes stabbed a dagger of guilt through his chest.

"okay."