291-310

AGM 291 Invitation, once again

Not only did Qin Wentian radiate an ice-cold killing intent of death, the temperature in his surroundings immediately surged upwards, as columns of huge flames inadvertently exploded forth. The flames wreathed around Fan Le as he trembled involuntarily.

Fan Le was the one that personally witnessed Leng Ning being forced step by step to her death by those from the Leng Clan and Yan Tie. It was a scene that he would remember for eternity.

"Boss. You've told me before, this Leng Mao was the person in charge that gave the order?" Fan Le's eyes looked straight towards Qin Wentian, and in that moment, all traces of fun and laughter had completely faded from his countenance, leaving behind only determination and a terrifying madness.

"I've also received news that the Leng Clan has already punished Leng Jian and Leng Lin," Bailu Yi continued, "The upper echelons of the Leng Clan must have known that Leng Mao was the one that gave that order, which is why they wanted to personally pay a visit to apologize."

"Apologize?" Fan Le coldly laughed, "Back then when Leng Mao gave the order, he didn't just want to force Leng Ning to her death, he also wanted to kill you, as well as me and Chu Mang, completely removing the roots of the matter. Back then you weren't at the Leng Clan, which was why you managed to avoid that calamity. Whereas for me, if it weren't for Leng Ning's arrangements to sneak me out earlier, I would have already died there."

"Not only that, despite already knowing you were a third-ranked Grandmaster, Leng Mao spared nothing in his efforts to get you killed, all to please Yan Tie. If it weren't for Leng Ning saying that you had a connection to the White Deer Institute, causing them to be apprehensive, Leng Mao would definitely have made a move and sent people after your lives. After which, Leng Ning... committed suicide."

Fan Le's voice had grown hoarse, "Apologize? What good would apologizing do now? What can they give in return? Can they revive Leng Ning from the dead?"

"Hu..." Qin Wentian drew in a deep breath, the coldness that radiated forth from him became more intense by several degrees. The memories of Leng Ning were still fresh in his mind, how could she have died just like that? He might not have the qualifications to control the Leng Clan's decisions, but Leng Ning was more than an acquaintance, she was a friend. Regardless, Qin Wentian would definitely make sure the ones responsible for her death, paid with death.

Moreover, Qin Wentian and his friends had no pre-existing grievances with the Leng Clan. The Leng Clan did all of this for one reason only—they wanted to gain Yan Tie's favour. Now, did they really think that they could resolve this matter so easily with apologies and some gifts?

"What's Leng Mao's level of strength?" Qin Wentian asked Bailu Yi.

"Leng Mao is a disciplinary elder, his strength should have already broken through to the Heavenly Dipper Realm. The Leng Clan banished Leng Jian and Leng Lin because these two were not important in the grand scheme of things. But they still have use for a Heavenly Dipper-level elder. They won't be sacrificing Leng Mao so easily, hence he was only made to pay a visit and personally apologize," Bailu Yi stated.

"Mhm." Qin Wentian nodded his head.

"I will wait here for them. Let the Leng Clan people gather together," Qin Wentian replied, but it was unknown what he was thinking. Bailu Yi glanced at him for a moment before nodding and departed to carry out his instructions.

Several moments later, Leng Mao and a few other members of the Leng Clan were moving towards Qin Wentian. When Leng Mao noticed Qin Wentian, he smiled and stated, "Grandmaster Qin is already so capable despite such a young age, stepping into the level of a fourth-ranked Inscriptionist before the age of twenty. Grandmaster Qin's future appears to be boundless."