Prologue I {c.h}

Punches lead to bruises. Words lead to scars.

Therefore, verbal abuse hurts more than physical abuse, especially when these rather wounding and biting comments are coming from yourself to, well, yourself.

Ever since Cora Hill was little, around the pre-teen age, she's been having nonstop thoughts about her flaws, about how the other girls were much prettier, and how much life hated her.

These hurtful remarks came to an end as she slowly understood what "you shouldn't admire someone else's beauty without questioning your own" meant.

That's when she met a guy, who was charming and sweet, or so she thought. They were going really well for about a month or so, until he started heavily drinking and smoking. It wasn't a horrendous problem, at first, but it ultimately became one. He was so affected by the alcohol that it took over his brain which caused her to be his punching bag.

The more his teeth were yellow, the more her skin was purple.

Dumping him wasn't an option, he would abuse her even more whenever she tried.

She wasn't suffering, no. She was struggling. Struggling to find a way out. Struggling to find a battle to beat. Struggling to find his weakness.

She finally did. She was his weakness. So she left. Not only did she leave him, she left her town, her  family, her friends, and her past.