Prologue II {a.b}

Punches lead to bruises. Words lead to scars.

Therefore, verbal abuse hurts more than physical abuse, especially when these rather wounding and biting comments are coming from the person you look up to.

Asher Brown has been a major football fan since he was just seven years old. He has easily been recruited in his high school's football team in the nineth grade, thanks to six successive years of training by his dad.

Unfortunately, he got a major injury at the age of sixteen, which has caused his football playing streak to come to an end. His arm was severely wounded during a game that created not only cuts, but also humiliation from the audience, his teammates, his coach, and worst of all, his dad. Football meant the world to Asher's dad, so his son's injury was a huge disappointment to him. He told him that he would never be able to get back on the field, that he would never be good enough, and that he's a disgrace to the Browns. Asher still hasn't proved him wrong. He couldn't. He got put down by his idol.  Instead of making up for it, he hid his past. the wounds were soon underlaying a tattoo.

He wore his scars as his best attire. A sharp-looking suit made of hellfire.

Soon after, about three months later, he lost his mom in a car accident. After the incident, the trauma-related injuries coupled with a depressive disorder sent the dad to an institution.

Asher wasn't left alone. He was left behind, still finding his way back to them.