Chapter 3: The Wright Way

Christopher's POV

It didn't take me long to figure out this kid was judging me as much as I was judging him. I was watching him during practice as he just sat there in the bleachers quietly observing my every move with his pen in one hand and his notebook resting on his lap. Who knows what that kid is probably thinking of me. After slipping out of my dirty clothes and taking a quick shower in the locker room it was when I was changing when I realized that Dylan was still out there waiting for me. He can wait a little longer. "Sorry for the hold up." I playfully placed my arm around Dylan. After a quick nuggie he broke free and looked absolutely mortified. He rubbed his head and continued to look shocked. "My bad, my bad." I laugh, realizing that he actually seemed kinda scared. "It's okay." Dylan responds while running one hand through his hair, frantically trying to fix it.

"So, it's like..." I look down at my watch for time. "Seven a clock. You in the mood for something to eat?" "Sure! I'll ask you some questions along the way and over food." I groan internally and nod my head yes. I better prepare myself for these questions. Agreeing to this was such a bad idea but I mean I'd do anything to get me some exposure especially to the whole town.

What can I say? I love the attention.

"So, Christopher..."

"Please, call me Chris."

"Oh okay."

"So Chris."

I chuckled to myself which caught his attention. "What?" He confusingly asks, looking up at me. His scrawny body and the small mole on his face. It's kind of funny. "Oh nothing." I continue to laugh. "Oh, come on tell me. If it's a joke you came up with I'm almost one hundred percent sure it's not funny." He slightly chuckles. Ok, he laughed. We're getting somewhere. "Oh so you got jokes now?" I laugh, playfully bumping into him but I forgot how skinny the guy was so instead it of just slightly moving him to the side, my shove sent him flying to ground. He screamed as his things dropped onto the hard concrete followed by his scrawny self. "Shit!" I cry with laughter, rushing over to his aid. "Damsel in distress I see?"

He swats my hand away, his face rocking the the bright red color as I reached down to help him. I waved my hands in the air in surrender as he confidently got up, and dusted himself off. "Sorry. I didn't mean to shove you that hard I forgot how scrawny you are." "I'm not scrawny." He replies. He looks away. "Well the least I can do is pick up your things." I insist and proceed to bend down and pick up his notebook, pen and phone. The lock screen appeared on his phone and the wallpaper was the most beautiful cat I think I've ever seen.

"Gimme that." he snatches his phone from my bare hands and shoves it into small pocket of his jeans. "I hate to cut this short but do you mind if we continue this tomorrow?" flustered, he begins to turn the other direction. "Oh come on." I groan, rolling my eyes to the back of my head.

"You are coming with me as planned. We're doing this the Wright way. Plus you've already waited this long." I grab his arm and began to lead him towards my car. "The right way... what?" We reached the seemingly empty parking lot, my eyes scanning the area for any friends. "Uh where are we going?" He continues to talk just as he did along the way over here. "Chris!" I look over my shoulder to find my best friend, Rebecca De La Cruz.

"Just shut up and sit here." I open the passengers seat and usher him in. "Now be a good boy and stay." I pat his head and slam the door shut. "Becca. What's up?" I click my tongue as I walk towards her. Becca is one of the few girls that I've so called "dated" that hasn't held a grudge on me. I guess it's because of the fact we two are best friends. It was a one time thing. We were both drunk off our asses. Well anyway, Becca and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. We first met sometime during lunch in elementary school. She had some chips and I had a cookie. So we made an exchange and the rest is history. "Where are you going? I thought we were supposed to head over to my place to work on that project for French." puzzled, she looks over at my car.

"Oh right... well the thing is. That nerd Dylan is in my car right now and I sort of agreed to something where he asks me a shit ton of questions and.. it's just too much too explain."

"Dylan? Dylan Reed? I remember that kid. He got cute." She giggles. "Well tell him I said hi." she winks before shooting me a flirtatious smirk. I roll my eyes flick her head. "Ouch. But whatever it's alright. Text me tonight though."

"Hey dude. Sorry for the hold up." I open the door to the drivers seat and hop in. "It's alright." he looks down, staring into his phone. His fingers moving across the keyboard as fast as a cheetah. "So I actually have to head home. Mind dropping me off?" He locks his phone and slips it into his pocket.

"Nope. You're not getting out this one."

"Wait bu-"

"Ask away."