Chapter Sixteen: When Mother Calls

Dylan

"Hey uh.. is everything okay?" I continue to cautiously approach Chris. He perks his head up almost as if it were dog perking up it's two little ears. "Oh uh.. yeah everything's cool what's up?" He rubs his face slowly, shaking his head like a lion shakes it's mantle. "I'm just out for a morning jog." I reply very sternly. "That explains all the sweat. You don't workout often do you?" He chuckles to himself. "Seriously? Is it that obvious?" I pout, looking down at my armpits and checking for pit stains. "Yeah you don't strike me as the type." He continues to snicker, looking me up and down. "Well you've officially made me feel insecure.." I turn away from his gaze, attempting to hide my body. "I'm just fucking with you." He reassures me. "Alright I'm off." I roll my eyes in annoyance with him. "Wait." He says followed by the sound of patting. I look over my shoulder only to find he has patted the seat next to him. He beckons me to join him on the steps. Turning back around I comply. The sound of the steps make a loud creaking noise as I rest my bottom on the old white painted step. "Shouldn't you be in there right now?" I look over my shoulder and at the large double doors. "I'd rather not." He joins me in gazing at the doors. As he does so he scratches the back of his neck, seemingly stressed. "Could've fooled me. With your family's reputation and all I never thought I'd see the day where you, Christopher Wright, skips church." I chuckle to myself, clutching my knees tightly to my body. "What can I say kid, I'm full of surprises." He says with a smirk. "Hey. What do you say we get out of here and work on that project of yours." He stretches his long toned body before standing up. "Let's get out of here." He suggests, looking down on me. From my point of view it's like a six foot giant staring down at me. "Where are we going?" I ask, picking myself up off the steps. "You'll see." He begins to walk down the steps. "But I don't have my stuff and I'm all sweaty. I need to shower and change." I say whilst dusting my bottom off. "That's fine. We can make a quick pit stop at your place." He digs into his pocket, searching for his car keys. Finally he finds them and throws them into the air, catching them with one hand. "Hold up!" I shout, trying to catch up with his pace.

Christopher

"Alright I won't be long. Make yourself at home." He says throwing his things into the kitchen counter as we waltzes past it. "Not like I haven't already!" I joke with him about my overnight stay the other day. "Never again!" He faintly shouts from upstairs. Now that's it's daylight in here and he's not around I can actually take a peek at what this kids family is like. I walk around the living room, admiring the many family and baby photos on the wall. "So you're an only child eh.. that explains it." I mutter to myself as I examine a photo on the fireplace. "And who is this?" I ask myself as I spot a man who seems to be in his mid twenties with tannish hair and deep sea blue eyes. I take the photo out of the photo frame and examine the back.

"To Dylan. We love you so much from mommy and daddy."

Huh.. he's never mentioned to me before that he has a father. I begin to place the photo back into the frame and continue my search. Up next is baby photo of Dylan dressed up as pumpkin for Halloween. The note on the back reads "Dylan is all ready for trick or treating. Halloween 2009" I begin to crack a smile.

Nearby the sound of the shower water stops running. It's best I stop snooping before Dylan catches. It's not because I'm nosey but we've spent all this time together and I've just now realized that I really know nothing about this kid. Strolling into the kitchen for a drink of water I spot his phone buzzing. The caller I.D. reads "Mom". I grab his phone from off the kitchen counter and rush over towards the bathroom. I reach for the door handle when suddenly it comes flying open.

Dylan

I feel like that was a really long shower. I don't want to keep Chris waiting so long. In a hurry, I reach for the door handle and swing it open. Oh crap! In comes Chris, he tumbles onto me and I slip losing my balance. We both go crashing onto the floor. Lost for words, I can't make out a single sound and struggle to form a sentence. All I do is clutch the towel tightly to my waist, water dripping down my face and body. Chris, also in shock says nothing. All I can feel is his warm, toned, chiseled body on top of mine. My hand rests on his chest and for a moment we both gaze into each other's eyes, our noses caressing one another. His waist grinds up against mine. Suddenly I am pulled back into reality and I struggle to push him off of me. "Chris get off!" I shout. He shakes his head and struggles to get to his own feet. Scrambling, he pushes himself off of me and hurries out of the bathroom. "Oh shit my bad!"  He apologizes. "Have you ever heard of knocking!" I shout in anger, slamming the bathroom shut on his face. "Dylan take it easy. Chill out. Your mom was calling and I was just coming to give you your phone." He talks from outside of the bathroom door. "Please just go into the living room and wait for me there." I sigh in embarrassment. I'm so embarrassed! How could he walk in on me like that. How could he not knock? I face palm before cracking open the door. I peek out. Chris's back is turned to me as he walks towards the living room. I quickly jog out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, locking the door behind me.