Chapter Twenty

August...

I woke up in to the sound of my phone ringing. Feeling around for my phone, I groaned, not wanting to open my eyes. After a few more rings, the annoying sound stopped and I prayed that it would stay that way. Of course it didn't, though. Within a few more seconds, it started ringing again. I cringed at the sound, hoping that it wouldn't wake Harry up.

"Diana, answer you're phone!" I heard him yell from next to me.

"I can't find it!" I half whispered half yelled back.

He sat up at the same time that I got up from the bed. He groaned in annoyance and rested his arm over his eyes, trying not to let the light in.

I tossed my side of the sheets around and heard a thud on the ground. I looked in the direction of the thud and saw my phone lit up with a number flashing on the screen. I picked it up and stared at the unfamiliar number. I decided to answer it anyway. "Hello?" I asked, sitting back down.

"Diana?" I heard the voice on the other line ask. The voice sounded somewhat familiar, but I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't figure out where I've heard the voice from before.

"Yeah, who's this?"

I heard a breathy laugh on the other line that also sounded so familiar. "I don't know if you remember me. Uh, this is so weird. It's Noel, from Mexico..."

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, getting up.

At the same time, Harry opened his eyes and removed his arms from his face. "Who's that?" He asked, curious.

But I ignored him and continued talking to Noel. "This is so crazy, I can't believe you called me."

"Diana-" Harry started, but I stopped listening.

"Well you said that if ever I was in the states again to call you, and I am."

"Noel, that's great. Where are you?" I asked.

"Noel?" Harry said. I could tell by the look on his face that he remembered who Noel was.

"I'm at a hotel around the address you gave me. Are you in state?" He asked.

I nodded, although he couldn't see me. "I am, let's meet up today! The address I gave you was mine. Do you want to meet here and we can hang out?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's be great," he said.

I checked the time and saw that it was nine in the morning. "We can meet for lunch," I suggested.

"Okay, great. I'll see you then," he said, before hanging up the phone.

When he hung up the phone, I put mine down next to my empty glass of water. "C'mon, Harry. We have to get ready," I said.

"Why?" He asked. He wasn't exactly complaining, but it was clear that going out wasn't his first choice.

"We're going out with Noel."

"The bartender guy?" He asked even though he already knew.

"Yeah, let's go." I tugged on the bed sheet, hoping he'd get the hint to get up. He did.

When he got up, I noticed that he still had no clothes on. I looked around the room and tossed him his boxers. He caught them, but didn't put them on. "We have to shower anyways."