Admitting the Truth

A few weeks had passed since Ezra's birthday. Depa had come back but Ezra refused to talk to her for a week afterwards. Hera had gotten frustrated with Chopper saying the Ghost was haunted and after several diagnostic checks she insisted that Ezra check it out since she couldn't find anything wrong and the kid was better at rewiring things than her. She had ordered Sabine to make sure the kid did it.
"Chopper I am telling you that there is no cold spot in this room. Your heat sensors are still malfunctioning." Sabine informed Chopper.
The droid was once again instating that the Ghost was haunted because he kept picking up large cold spots with his heat sensors. She was helping him look for Ezra to fix it.
"Look I'll prove it to you. If my helmet's heat sensor picks up any cold spots on the ship I'll tell Hera and Ezra doesn't have to look at yours." Sabine said.
Chopper beeped.
"Of course I'll check all over the ship." Sabine replied making the adjustments to helmet to turn on the heat sensor.
Chopper lead her to Ezra and Zeb's cabin. He beeped.
"Funny this room is reading hotter then normal." Sabine teased the droid.
Chopper beeped in frustration. He used one of his probes to drag Sabine to Kanan's cabin.
"Chopper you are crazy. This is one of the hottest..." Sabine was cut off as a blue and green spot appeared in here vision amongst a background of orange and red.
"But that's impossible. My helmet must be acting up." Sabine said.
Chopper beeped an I told you so.
"Chopper it's showing up like a backwards heat signature." Sabine said.
Ezra heard them come into Kanan's cabin, but knew they didn't know he was in there. He was in ghost form telling Depa about Kanan now knowing. He went quiet listening in on the twos conversation.
"Um Depa, I hate to end this early but I think I have a problem I need to deal with." Ezra said.
He shifted his legs off to where they were hanging off the top bunk. Since Kanan had him in here for the time being to watch him closer Sabine would probably assume he was sleeping. Sabine started messing with her helmet. Ezra took the short amount of time it took Sabine to take her helmet off to switch forms.
"Looking for something?" He asked faking a yawn.
"Well honestly we're supposed to be looking for you. Hera wants you to look at Choppers heat sensors." Sabine said confused.
Chopper beeped.
"I know what I said Chopper, but my helmet must have glitch. It was clearly Ezra's heat signature since he's right here." Sabine said.
Ezra sighed as he saw Depa give him a look.
Chopper beeped again.
"No Ezra is not a ghost, for the last time there are no such things as ghost." Sabine said.
"Ok I'll tell them the truth. They are not going to believe me though." Ezra sighed in defeat.
"Tell who the truth?" Sabine asked.
"There's nothing wrong with either of your heat sensors. Chopper's actually right." Ezra said.
Chopper span around whooping with his arms thrown out.
"Ezra you are not a ghost." Sabine replied.
"Ok you are both half right. I am a ghost and I'm living. Don't ask me how exactly it works cause I don't even understand it." Ezra sighed.
"Hera, I think Ezra must have hit his head or something because he's talking crazy." Sabine said into her comm.
"I knew you wouldn't believe me." Ezra rolled his eyes.
"I'll send Kanan to check on him." Hera replied back.
"Sabine put your helmet back on." Ezra said.
"I need to fix it." She replied.
"Just do it. I need to show you something. Ok?" He demanded.
"Ok I'll put it on." Sabine said. She slid it on her head.
"Now turn the heat sensor back on." Ezra directed her.
"I told you it's messed up." She refuted.
Ezra gave her a death look.
"Fine I did it happy?" She asked as she made the adjustments.
"Very, now what do you see?" Ezra asked.
"It looks normal. Your just slightly hotter then the room. Funny earlier you were blue and green on here." Sabine answered him.
Ezra reached towards her helmet to make an adjustment. Sabine slapped him.
"What do you think you're doing?" She demanded.
"You trust me right?" Ezra asked.
"Most of the time." Sabine admitted.
"Well I need for right now to be one of those times. I don't have the time now that Kanan's on his way here." Ezra shoot back.
"Ok fine do whatever you need to do." Sabine said.
Ezra reached over to adjust her helmets hearing sensitivity. He used the force to tell if she would be able to hear him in his ghost form.
"You think her helmet can help her hear and see you?" Sabine heard a strange voice ask.
"Sabine I need you to tell me if anything changes." Ezra instructed ignoring the other voice.
"Ezra whose voice was that?" Sabine asked.
"You can hear me?" The voice asked. "This might actually work. Kanan can't even hear me yet."
"I was hoping it would. Now let's see if she can see us Depa." Ezra said talking to the voice.
Sabine saw a green ring form around Ezra's waist before it split in half. She watched stunned as Ezra's heat signature turned from red, yellow, and orange to blue and green. She reached out to touch him. Her hand passed through him and she shivered.
"Ezra, what's going on? Why are you suddenly cold, and why can't I touch you?" Sabine asked.
"Sabine can you hear me?" Ezra asked.
"Yes, just answer my questions." Sabine replied.
"I already have. Now I need you to answer some questions for me." Ezra said.
"Ezra what is going on?"
"Just answer my questions. How many cold spots do you see?"
"Just one. What is this about?"
"Ok, is it waving at you?" Ezra asked waving at her.
"Yes, ok maybe I'm going crazy." Sabine said.
"Trust me your not." Ezra said.
The door opened behind Sabine. Kanan appeared on the other side.
"Ezra change back. You know she can't see you." Kanan said.
"But Kanan she can see me and hear me." Ezra replied.
"What? How?" Kanan asked.
"Her helmet. The heat sensors really are picking me up. She also has a sonic hearing feature." Ezra replied.
"Wait are you two saying that if I took off my helmet right now I couldn't see or hear you Ezra?" Sabine asked.
"Exactly." Both of them replied.
Sabine took off her helmet and Ezra wasn't there.
"Ezra, where are you?" She asked.
"Tell her I'm right in front of her." Ezra said to Kanan.
"He's right here." Kanan told her. He reached over and used the force to put his hand on Ezra's shoulder.
"So I can only see or hear him in ghost form with my helmet on? How can you see and hear him though?" Sabine asked.
"The force?" Kanan shrugged.
Ezra changed back and she could see him again.
"Now I need you two to keep this from Hera and Zeb for now. Kanan hasn't known for long but we agreed that until we figure out how they could see or hear me we're not going to tell them." Ezra told Sabine and Chopper.
"Ok we promise we won't tell Hera or Zeb." Sabine said speaking for both. "Right Chopper?"
Chopper beeped reluctantly.
"In the meantime I'll work on creating a comm that can actually pick up your voice in ghost form. Hearing will be easier to work with then sight. Do you mind if I borrow your friend to test it?" Sabine said.
"I'll help you test it." Ezra replied.
"That will work too." Sabine said.
She put her helmet back on and turned off the heat sensor. She didn't turn the hearing back though.
"I need to ask one thing from you." Depa's voice said to her. "Don't tell Kanan my name. He can't hear or see me and it's better if he doesn't know who I am."
"Don't worry. I can keep a secret." Sabine said.
"Thank you." Ezra said. "Do you want to go work on our project?"
"Sure we can talk while we're out there." Sabine replied.
"Just remember we're getting back to Jedi training today." Kanan said.