Misconceptions〈Part One〉

"Death's greatest power is not that it can make people die, but that it can make people want to stop living." -Fredrick Backman

◄▲▼►

The laughter erupting from the next room distracted Yuuri from his work, however, he didn't have a shred of anger.

Instead, Yuuri switched positions to see Victor, Mari, Hiroko, Yuuko with the triplets and Yurio clearly while they played a game.

Since the start Yurio claimed to be the best and it brought a smug smile to Yuuri's face to hear Yurio lost for the fourth consecutive time.

The women caressed the teen, offering loose compliments on his growing hair, maturing figure and broadening chest, never caring how Yurio complained loudly, however, he never moved away. 

By the time Yuuri's gaze shifted back towards them, Victor disappeared. Leading Yuuri to curiously crane his neck in search for him.

"Looking for me?"

It was Victor who spoke and with a cautious movement held Yuuri lovingly from behind.

Basic words failed to describe what both men felt while holding each other tightly.

Love.
Adoration.
Endearment.

Each searched for how to describe the tender feeling it was to have Victor's hand under Yuuri's over Victor's cheek or how warm Victor's arm felt wrapped around Yuuri's chest.

Victor decorated Yuuri's neck with light kisses, leading Yuuri to giggle with each one.

It was Yuuri's time to break the comforting silence.

"Victor, someone might see us."

Oh how Victor tried to focus on what Yuuri said, but his slight blush and careless, delicate smile impeded Victor from thinking properly and forming concrete thoughts.

How can someone be so beautiful, but remain modest all the same, have the most precious mind but have it self destruct continuously, make me experience a plethora of emotions yet makes me feel like I am a simple man hopelessly in love with an extraordinary one.

With his gentle hand he traced the corners of Yuuri's face, attempting to memorize every detail for he thought he lived in a dream that might end in any second.

"V-Victor?"

Passionately, their eyes connected and evidently everything fell into place.

It was Yuuri who acted first by pushing their bodies out of sight, surprising Victor immensely who snuggled on the side of Yuuri's neck.

Softly he mumbled, "Too much time without you takes a toll on me, Yuuri."

Yuuri couldn't help but cackle and roll his eyes at his fiancé's dramatics. If only Victor knew how much Yuuri missed his touch, his laugh, his grin when they were apart.

My prince, Victor thought as he twirled Yuuri then  dipped him, leaving a disheveled Yuuri hanging onto Victor's neck.