Your Move-I Am Her

I walked towards my family when I heard a faint cry. I stopped and looked around me. I looked over to where Dominic’s burning body was and there was a little boy around five, sitting by the fire. He had blonde hair and green eyes. He was a very handsome little boy.  

    I ran over to him and picked him up. I held him close and tried to clam him down. He laid his head on my shoulder and cried into it. I rubbed the back of his head.

    “Shh, it’s okay. You’re okay,” I said to him.

    “Daddy. I want daddy.” The little boy demanded.

    I looked at the little boy in horror. Dominic was this little boy’s dad. I can’t tell him I killed his father. I will take him in. I’ll take care of him. It is the least I can do. But, what do I tell him about Dominic?

    I set the little boy on his feet and knelt in front of him. I put one hand on his shoulder, “Your daddy told me to take care of you. Where is your mommy?”

    He started crying again, “Mommy ran away with somebody else.”

    I smile to him, “I will take care of you. What is your name?”

    He smiled back, “My name is Robert. But mommy and daddy use to call me Robby. And my little sister’s name is Isabella.”

    “Robby, where is your little sister and how old is she?”

    “Daddy left her at the house. He only brought me,” he told me as he started to cry again. “Daddy told me that she is five months.”

    I was shocked. I picked up Robby, “Let’s go get your little sister.” I walked over to my family and blew a kiss to all of them, “I will be back before you wake up, I promise.”

    I walked out of the castle and looked around for my car. Then I remembered that we rode in the limo here. Dang! I looked around again and saw Alex’s car. Yes!

    I ran over to his car and opened the backseat door. I looked in and saw a car seat with a note on it. I grabbed the note and put Robby in the car seat then buckled him in. I shut the door and opened the note.

    Elizabeth,

        I’m guessing that since you found this… I’m dead and you have my son. And on your way to get my daughter too. I know that since I have done all of this to you and your family, it’s a lot to ask of you… but will you please take care of them for me? I want them to have a real mother and father that actually love each other. And I know you and Damon will be very good to them. Robby (Robert) is five and doesn’t know what he is or what is happening, tell him when he is older, thanks. And Isabelle (Izzy) is five months. She is very little and she won’t need to know, you can tell her if you want to and feel you need to. But I’m surprised; she actually looks a lot like you. Please tell them I loved them and I will always be with them and that I had to so this for them. There is a moving van outside of the house with all of their stuff in it. Izzy is in the basement. You know where that is. Thank you Elizabeth, thank you very much. Goodbye and I love you Robby and Izzy.

                                -Dominic

    I folded the note up and got in the drivers seat. I put the note on the seat beside me and turned the car on. It roared to life and we were off. I sped off out of the castle gates and down the road towards Dominic’s house.

    I turned on the radio and looked in the rearview mirror, Robby was already asleep. I smiled, he was my son now.

    Two hours later we pulled up outside Dominic’s house. I parked the car and turned it off. I looked in the backseat and saw that Robby was still asleep, so I quietly got out of the car. I walked over to the moving truck and saw that someone was in the driver’s seat.