Chapter 14 - Proposal?

It had been 4 months since Aaron announced the new tournament to the people of Auran, and this tournament was going to begin in two weeks. It had been dubbed the Mystery Tournament by the media as no one knew much about it, all they knew is where they had to go and to standby for further explanations.

The people of Auran were training well, both old and young were joining in all of them wanting a piece of those who had hurt their prince and advisors. Yes the kingdom had been told of the crimes against their prince and advisors, the people had grown to love the newest people in the kingdom and they were angry when they heard the truth. They had all been told the names of those who betrayed them, and they were all hoping they came to this tournament so they would all be defeated.

Many people had signed up for this tournament, most people wanted the chance to participate in a tournament that no one knows much about, some what to take part to show they are the best even when they don't know much and others just wanted to find out more about the place where it is taking place.

A month after the announcement to the people of Auran Ashton went before them and informed all of the people that he, as well as most of his advisors will be taking part in the tournament for sure, even signing the contract in front of all of them. All of those who had seen Ashton battle and all of the pokemon he holds knew he was going to be very hard to beat.

Arceus and Ashton had now been together for 6 months and things were going strong, but there was one question that Ashton was scared to ask, so he went to speak to his father. To him the tournament came second to this problem of his.

"Father, can I speak to you?" Ashton asked, he knew he could speak to his father at any time but because of his training to be a prince he learned more manners and how to approach people correctly. He was no longer the clueless and clumsy boy he once was.

"Ashton you know you can speak to me whenever you want, you come first. Now what is it?" Aaron said as he put down the scroll of paper he had been reading, while Ashton moved over to sit beside his father on the couch.

"It is about Arceus." Ashton said, he wanted to draw this out as long as he could.

"Are two having problems?" Aaron asked, he could see how the two of them loved one another greatly. It was a shock to think that they were having some problems.

"What, no, nothing like that!" Ashton said, quick to get that thought out of his fathers mind.

"Then what is it?" Aaron asked confused.

"I was looking in the library and I came across some history on this place, it said that the prince of Auran was to be married for their 18th birthday. Is that true?" Ashton asked, he would not be mad if his father hid this from him.

"Yes it is, but I didn't tell you because your relationship with Arceus was so new and I didn't want to pressure you into asking her. I don't really know why this rule is in place but it has been that way since Auran was discovered, and it has been followed each time their is a new prince, the same thing would be done if there was a princess born to the throne." Aaron explained, hoping that his son was not going to be mad with him.

Ashton sighed before reaching into his pocket and pulled out a box. Arceus had shown him her human form and since they had gotten together she had spent more time in this form then in her pokemon one, it took awhile for the people to know who she was at first they thought that Ashton was cheating on her with a human. When they all learned the truth they apologised to him and to her.

"That's the thing, I don't mind asking her, I want to." Ashton paused to open the box and revealed a lovely silver ring with a diamond in the centre, smaller diamonds were surrounding the larger one with amber gemstones on the outer edge.