Chapter 3

Suddenly, something held him from moving any further and pulled him back.

Dipper looked down to see to smooth white arms around his waist pulling him back away from the waterfall.

It was then that he tripped on a nearby rock and fell to the ground.

"What do you think you were doing?" came a high pitch yell from behind him.

Dipper turned his head to find Pacifica on her knees right behind him with tears in her eyes and a flush face.

"Do you have any idea of what you just almost did!?" Pacifica screamed.

Dipper gave a faint smile.

"What do you mean? I just came to look at the waterfall." He said

Pacifica slapped Dipper in the face.

"Liar!" she screamed as more tears fell down her face.

Dipper with his faint smile now gone, looked away from her and back to the edge of the waterfall.

"Why are you here Pacifica?" said Dipper in an annoyed tone.

Pacifica was hurt by the question. That's all he had to say after saving his life? It's almost as if he wanted to fall off the edge!

"I followed you after you ran through town! I've never seen you so depressed before so I came to comfort you!" she said

"Why? All you ever do is tease me... Why do you care if I'm sad or even care what happens to me?" Dipper said as he slowly looked back at Pacifica.

"Dipper... Don't tell me you were actually trying to-"

"YES! I was..." he interrupted.

Dipper stood up and looked down at Pacifica.

"So I'll ask again, why did you stop me!" he yelled

Pacifica quickly stood up and slapped him again.

"You fucking idiot!" she screamed

"I come all the way out here to comfort you, and when I finally catch up to you, I find you at the edge of a waterfall!"

"Now you're telling me, if I hadn't pulled you back, you would have committed suicide!" she screamed

Pacifica's tears were running off here face like the river they stood by.

She waited for an answer but Dipper just looked away.

"Dipper what about Mabel?! What about Stan?! What about your parents?! What about Soos and Wendy?!"

Dipper flinched at the sound of Wendy's name.

"What about me!" she screamed

"Did you even think of how this decision would affect us, how it would make us feel?" Pacifica said

"None of you can understand the pain I'm in right now!" Dipper yelled

"I'm sure that's not true! We can go and talk to Stan or maybe Wen-"

Dipper quickly interrupted her by grabbing her arm and lifting it above her head, saying "Don't you dare say her name again!"

"Dipper you're hurting me!" she screamed in pain.

He let go of her arm leaving a purple hand-print bruise.

Dipper had never yelled at Pacifica until today. And now he even hurt her. She's never seen him hurt anyone for as long as they've known each other.

Dipper now felt guilty about hurting Pacifica.

He sat down and tried to calm down.

Even though she wasn't she what Dipper would do next, Pacifica sat next to him and tried to hold his hand.

"Dipper... What happened?" she asked while she wiped off her tears.

Dipper gave a pained face to the question.

Pacifica saw the life in his eyes fade away as he thought about what had transpired today.

"Dipper! I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong." She said in a soft voice.

"It hurts..." Dipper said as he held his chest.

"It feels like it shattered... Like there's nothing left but a gaping hole."

"What was it?" Pacifica said in a concerned voice.

"...my heart..." Dipper said now tears falling from his face.

"What happened?" Pacifica asked again.

Dipper then struggled to tell Pacifica everything that happened that day while his tears soaked the ground beneath them.