Coffee

Mayas POV

I enter Topangas little cafe shop and order 2 coffees. One for me and one for Farkle. I sit at a small table in the corner of the room where nobody else is.

Should I tell Farkle everything? I trust him. He already know a lot.

I hear the front door open and see Farkle. I wave him over to my table and hand him his coffee.

"Okay, so what's going on, Maya? It doesn't have anything to do with-"

"It does," I sigh.

We both sit in silence for a second, and then I continue.

"Riley's mad at me because I lied to her. And you know how much she HATES lying," I say.

"Yesterday after school, Riley asked to come to my house. And meet my mom. You know I can't do that Farkle! I don't want Riley to know..about-"

"I understand Maya. So what did you do?" He interrupts.

"I told her I had art class after school. At the library."

"So..did she know you were lying right away?" Farkle asks.

"No..she believed me at first. But then after school she must have decided to ride her bike down my street, and she saw me in my window," I sigh. "I was crying so I couldn't really see clearly who it was, but I knew it was her when-"

"Why were you crying?" Farkle looks concerned. "This is like, the 4th time this month?"

Little did he know I cry myself to sleep every night. And not to mention I cried over at Riley's. Yeah, this is not the 4th time this month Farkle, I think to myself.

"I don't know...." I say but Farkle gives me a look that says he's going to get it out of me. "Promise you won't tell anyone Farkle. Really, it's no big deal..really." I pause trying to fight back tears.

 "Yesterday my mom, kinda..sorta called me fat," I fake a smile so he thinks I'm okay.

I fake laugh and say "haha! It's okay though, she was just joking around."

"They why were you crying?" He asks with a serious face. He wasn't laughing.

I shrug. There's nothing else I can say.

Farkle looks angry now. "Maya, you know you are the most beautiful girl in New York City, right?"

He shakes his head. Then he grabs me by the hand and leads me outside to a bench. It's dark outside now. We both stare straight ahead. 

"Tell me that you know you are beautiful." He states, and turns to face me.

I look down at my hands.

"Cmon..Maya..-" 

 I interrupt "I think I'm fat. I will never be skinny, and you know it Farkle. Even my mom thinks so."

"That's not-" he says, but I continue.

"And I'm short. Nobody likes short girls. Everybody calls me names."

"Maya.." He grabs my hands. "You're beautiful just the way you are. Don't let anybody tell you what you should look like. I love you Maya. I have loved you ever since I first met you, because how how brave and strong you are. Please don't stop now. You are beautiful."

He looks me in the eyes. Then suddenly I felt his lips on mine as he kisses me. It all happened so fast, but it lasted forever. He released then put his arm around me.

"You are loved, Maya. Never forget that. I think you should tell Riley everything. It's best for the both of you." 

He gets up, gives me a small nod, then walks away.