1

She woke to a baby crying, confused because she didn't remember having children, when a dirty, matted hair girl ran into the room.

"Mummy, baby Crow smells, and Lupe won't leave me alone," she whined.

"Alright," Abigail shuddered patting the greasy matted hair belonging to the child. A named popped into her mind, Tempest.

"Mummy loves me the best, mummy loves me the best," Tempest sang as she skipped across the hall to a door with the names Tempest, Lilith, Lupin, Crow carved into the wood. A boy ran from the room pushing Tempest down.

"No Mummy loves me the best," the boy hissed.

"No she loves me, loopy Lupe," Tempest clawed at his face drawing blood.

Lupe gave a blood curdling scream, "that's it bitch, your dead."

Lupe chased her down the disgusting stairway leaving a trail of blood behind him. Scared out of her mind she cautiously opened the door to see ragged blankets piled on the floor and in the middle of one of the piles a baby lay, screaming. Abigail walked over picking him up, nearly dropping him after smelling his diaper.

Finding clean cloth diapers in the corner she changed him, cleaning him to the best of her ability. She carried him down the stairs following the blood trail into a disgusting kitchen that had a long table holding six other children and a man at the head.

"You're late," he said.

"Sorry I was changing Crow," Abigail whispered as the children giggled.

"Sit," he demanded.

"Daddy can I have a kitty please, please, please?" A blond girl asked sweetly, making her sound crazy.

"What happened to Charlie, Lilith sweetheart?" He asked.

"I killed him," was the calm reply.

"Why did you kill him, Lilith," Abigail asked anxious for the answer.

"He wasn't playing right," was the sweet reply.

"Oh," Abigail's voice shook as she answered.

"I'll see what I can do sweetheart," he told her.

"Oh thank you Daddy, thank you," she stated happily.

Abigail turned away, looking at each person as names started popping into her head, Tempest, Lupe and Lupin, Lilith, Crow, Raven, Alma, and Casper my loving husband. Memories flew through her mind of her marrying Casper and giving birth to each child.

"Mummy can we pick berries today," four year old Alma asked.

"Maybe," Abigail pulled a tight smile.

"NO, Mummy said yesterday that she would take me to the lake," Raven screeched reaching over the table to pull one of Alma's black curls.

"Enough girls I will take you to the woodshed," Casper threatened.

"But Daddy," Raven giggled, "you wouldn't take us would you?"

"I guess I wouldn't you didn't do anything threatening black bird. Now hurry up all of you and finish breakfast, the animals won't feed themselves," he reminded them.

The clatter of utensils against plates filled the room as the devil spawn hurried to finish their meal.

"Remember Abigail I want the dishes done and the parlor cleaned, Brother Mark is coming over if he can make it past the dogs," Casper laughed maniacally at his own joke.