Chapter 2: Entry 1

Here is where we hear from Anne. If you've read her diary before then you'd know that she has a certain way of writing her diary. I'll try to do that.

August 6th, 1944

Dearest Kitty,

A lot has occurred since I last wrote to you. Someone told the Security Police that the 8 of us were hiding in the Annex. We were arrested 2 days ago, along with Mr. Kleiman and Mr. Kugler.

Mother and Mrs. Van Daan are in such a stressed and terrified state. I am too but I'm trying to be brave. On the 4th of August, as the police loaded us into the military vehicle, I tried my best not to be afraid with Father at my side. He held tightly to mine and Mother's hands as the car drove down the road.

Peter sat across from me in the car. He had his hands clasped together and his head facing the floor. I wanted so badly to go and sit next to him but knew that the German soldier sitting next to Peter- who also had a rifle in his hands- would have disliked that.

Upon arriving to the transit camp, we were put in a separate part of camp, away from the others that were there. There was a patch on our suits that told others that we were "criminals". How are we criminals? Because we wanted to escape from the horrible treatment that the Germans were going to do to us? Because we want to live our lives outside of a fence?

Well it's not so bad here in the camp. In fact the camp is mostly run by Jews. The Germans are only here to keep people in line with their guns. Father wanted me and Margot to work in the kitchen but they said no because we were "criminal" because we didn't report when we were requested to.

After doing work for some time, I was allowed to go to the little school house to tell everyone my story that I told in Math. The children all loved it and laughed every time I said "Quack, quack, quack."

When nightfall came, I went outside to look at the stars. It had been 2 years since I was able to really look up at the night sky so seeing the stars again was a sight to behold. Peter came out and stood next to me, and held my hand in his. We looked into each other's eye Kitty. He seemed just as confused as me about all this but that's how it was. Then he leaned in and kissed me on the lips and told me this; "I love you Anne Frank."

"And I love you Peter Van Daan." I replied.

I have to go now Kitty. It's time for lights out.

Yours, Anne M. Frank

So what do you guys think? Please comment below and tell me.