Prologue

It was night time in Konoha. All was quiet. Everyone was asleep. That was until the alarm sounded. All ninja in the area rushed towards the Hokage Tower. While this was going on, if you'd pay close attention then, you would see an orange and yellow blob running into the forest quickly.

  The blob ran until he came to an abandoned shack. This blob was none other than our favourite blond - Naruto Uzumaki.

"I finally have the scroll! Now all I have to do is learn a jutsu then Iruka-sensei will pass me! I'll get this done in no time, dattebayo!" His voice rang through the clearing.

  He sat down and unrolled the scroll and took a look at the first jutsu.

"Kage Bunshin? Man, I suck at those! Forget that! I'm not wasting my time on Kage Bunshin," he looked further down until he found a seal, "what's this?" He asked himself.

  He looked at it, trying to figure it out until he remembered what his Jii-Jii had told him.

"I just gotta add my chakra and it'll work!" He exclaimed with glee as he channeled his chakra into the seal.

  Once the chakra was deposited, the seal started to glow. Memories he didn't want to see flashed through his mind as if the seal was reading it.

  Then out of the blue, a deep voice thundered throughout the clearing.

"You are worthy of carrying the Nidaime's Legacy. Your soul is pure and there is no ounce of evil in your heart. Good luck, young Namikaze."

  The light vanished and Naruto fell to his knees.

"T-This power I'm feeling. It's incredible! That seal did this didn't it? What did the voice mean 'Namikaze'? This is all so confusing. I'll just ask Danzo-Jii-Jii and Hokage-Jii-Jii when I get back," he muttered to himself.

  Naruto tensed as the bush next to him moved.

"Naruto!" Came the voice of Mizuki as he stumbled out of the bush.

"Mizuki-sensei! Are you here to graduate me?" Naruto asked.

"What do you mean? And why did you take the Forbidden Scroll of Sealing?" Mizuki asked him.

"Iruka-sensei told me that if I can get this scroll and learn a jutsu then I could pass, dattebayo!"

  Mizuki looked on with a confused stare.

"Why wo- watch out!" Mizuki shouted as he pushed Naruto out of the way.

  A few shuriken embedded themselves into Mizuki's arms and legs.

"Iruka! What is the meaning of this! Why would you try to steal the scroll!?" Mizuki cried.

"For power of course! If I give this scroll to Orochimaru-sama, then I would be granted with power that would make the old man you call Hokage fall to his knees!" Iruka exclaimed crazily.

"That's crazy!" Mizuki yelled.

"Shut up! Naruto! Give me the scroll!" Iruka ordered.

"Naruto, don't give him the scroll! Take it and run! He's tricking you!" Mizuki warned.

"Don't listen to him, Naruto. He's lying to you! They're all lying to you! Have you ever wondered why you were hated?" Iruka asked.

"Yes...," Naruto whispered, wanting to hear about why he's hated.

"Stop, Iruka! It's forbidden!" Mizuki's cries fell on deaf ears.

"It's because you contain the Kyuubi! You are the demon fox that nearly destroyed us 12 years ago and you killed my parents!" Iruka yelled like a mad man.

  Naruto froze up.

'That's why... that's why I'm hated... because I'm the Kyuubi...' He thought sadly.

"It's time for you to die, Kyuubi!" Iruka shouted evilly as he chucked a fuma shuriken at Naruto.

"Naruto, move!" Mizuki yelled as he pulled out the shurikens and jumped in front of the whizzing weapon.

  Naruto closed his eyes and waited for his death to come.

  When he opened his eyes he was surprised. Standing over him was Mizuki with the fuma shuriken embedded deep in his back.

"Cheer up Naruto," Mizuki commented sadly, "You're not the Kyuubi and you will never be. Now take the scroll and run!" Mizuki ordered.

  With tears in his eyes, Naruto grabbed the scroll and dipped.

*****************************

  Mizuki came up behind Naruto as he was running away.

"Naruto! Give me the scroll!" He shouted.

  Naruto jumped onto a branch before shooting off and headbutting Mizuki. They both fell to the ground in a heap.

"How...did you know," Mizuki poofed into Iruka, "that I wasn't Mizuki?" He asked.

"Cause I'm," Naruto poofed into Mizuki holding a log, "Mizuki." He said.

"Why do you insist on helping that demon! He's just like me! We both want power and revenge on this godforsaken village!" Iruka exclaimed.

  Mizuki looked at him in the eye.

"You're right. Demons do want power and revenge," behind a tree, Naruto lowered his head.

'I knew it! Mizuki-sensei thinks I'm a demon too!'

"But Naruto isn't a demon!" Mizuki added, "He's a Shinobi of the leaf and our future Hokage!" Mizuki shouted with determination.

"Fine then. I was going to kill you later but forget that, I'm killing you now!" Iruka shouted as he spun his fuma shuriken.

'Naruto, I'm sorry.' Mizuki thought as Iruka threw his fuma shuriken.

  Mizuki had his eyes closed until he heard a clanking sound. He looked up and saw Naruto standing there with a look of rage on his face.

"Don't you ever lay a hand on my sensei again!" He shouted.

"Make me you dead last idiot!" Iruka spoked mockingly.

  Naruto had a stone look on his face as he made one hand sign. He made the dragon hand sign and shouted,

"Suiton : Suiryuudan no Jutsu!"

  Many water particles in the air came together and formed a giant 60 feet water dragon. Iruka looked up in fear.

"Holy mother of-" the dragon roared and crushed Iruka.

  The water returned to the air and Naruto ran up to Mizuki.

"Mizuki-nii! Are you alright?" Naruto asked.

"Yeah, Naruto-kun, I'm alright. Hey... close your eyes real quick," He said. Naruto did as told and felt a weight on his forehead, "You can open your eyes now," Mizuki smiled.

  Naruto opened his eyes and saw that Mizuki ' hitai-ate was gone. His hand slowly went up to his forehead and it brushed against metal. Tears came to his eyes and he tackled Mizuki to the ground. He bear hugged Mizuki.

"YATTA! I BECAUSE A NINJA! I'M GONNA BE HOKAGE IN NO TIME, DATTEBAYO!" Naruto shouted in joy.

"Come on Naruto, let's go get some Ramen."

  The sun slowly came up upon the horizon, and let it's warm glow illuminate the two brother-like shinobi below.