𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 [𝙎𝙁𝙒 / Angst]

[P.S. Some angst and happy endings. This is not connected to the book, I'm just trying out some... angst feels in this book before the actual chapter uwu.]

𝕊𝕒𝕤𝕦ℕ𝕒𝕣𝕦 

-His Now Is His Tomorrow-

*****

His lips pecked around his neck and giggles filled the room before a bang echoed through. Sasuke sat on his tush on the ground as he used the palm of his hand to rub the back of his head and the other behind his bottom, his head and bum sore. Looking up at the handsome blond that laid there with both his arms behind his neck and his leg propped over the other, he grumbled to himself before pushing himself up again and stalking to the door in dismay. He tried everything to get Naruto to look at him, but the stubborn blond stuck to his initial plan of lazing around in the house and training later in the day instead of heading out and being 'sociable'. Once he closed the door with a 'click' behind him, he wandered down the hall and, soon, down the stairs. Closing his eyes while breathing out a sigh in the process, he shuffled over to the kitchen where lo and behold - Mizuki-sensei stood there in a full, striped, blue and white pajama set. He shucked a wave over at the ravenette and the abyss haired younger took the initiative of speaking first.

 "Mizuki-sensei," He called out before tapping the marble top. "Mizuki-sensei?"

 The second time his name was called out, he seemed to be snapped out of his mini trance by humming and blinking a few times. Glancing over at Sasuke and back at his coffee, he made a 'go ahead and talk' gesture with his left hand that was unoccupied.

  "Is Naruto always like this?" To that, Mizuki gave him a skeptical gaze that bore into his skin. He shivered slightly at the coiling anxiety that gave in through his head. He wondered if it was because he bumped his head on the carpeted ground - but it wasn't that hard to the point to get a concussion.

  "Always like what?" The older between them inquired suspiciously. His pale hands that rivaled Sasuke's reached over to give a grasp at the handle of the white coffee mug, taking a long sip to his lips.

  "Like..." The raven haired boy trailed off. He looked away and at the stairway that led up to Naruto's and his shared room. "Like... really, really moody."

  Mizuki muffled a chuckled behind his pajama wrist cuff, his coffee mug on his other hand shaking with half drunk extra milk coffee. He calmed down and stared at the smaller, his onyx eyes boring holes into Sasuke's similar orbs. "Like you regularly?" And then he huffed, crossing his arms after placing the mug with a 'clink' on the marble surface. "No, but really. How bad is it? From a one to ten."

  Sasuke brushed his fingers up and down his left cheek and scratching irritably at a tiny mole on his neck, underneath his jaw. He stopped completely for a mere second before pushing his palms up and down his face, him groaning in exasperation. He spoke, voice stifled behind his hands, "It's like he's dead and emotionless. He's just laying on his bed with the blankets and when I tried waking him up," He gave a low sigh before lowering his hands, stuffing them into his pockets with a rustle and looking away, as if ashamed, "he just yelled at me to 'Leave me the fuck alone!'. Yeah. And when I tried gaining his attention because I thought he just wanted more minutes to sleep in since he's been taking missions continuously while making cups after cups of coffee at ass o'clock in the morning and placing every one of them in order from smallest to biggest in the kitchen, but then he wouldn't budge. Not even one millimeter." Sasuke seemed horrified now, actually having the expression morphed into his features, "Am I doing something wrong?"

   Mizuki appeared worried over angered, though. Speaking slowly so Sasuke could catch what he said in full context. "Look, it's very uncommon for people in the Fire Country -- of course, save for a few in other countries around the borders -- to possess these types of actions and symptoms, but I've been told before that Naruto has somewhat of a mental handicap--" "Who told you all that?" "--okay. Let me finish. To answer your question, it was the Third and -- previously -- Iruka. Kakashi had some info on Naruto's mental progression but the problem didn't just stop there. Naruto, in which I believe, owns bottles of pills that controls these 'episodes' but I've received rumors that he hasn't been to the doctor's to get current results checked yet and new prescriptions in a while."

  Sasuke goggled at him in disbelief, "Do you have a name for this 'mental handicap' as you say he has? And if you knew about it, why didn't you bring him to the hospital to get him checked immediately?"

  "Well," Mizuki rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "I could never find Naruto no matter where I searched. I've been told over and over again that he was sick -- I know! -- but then... it was just like he vanished, until I returned back here and found him passed out in the middle of the living room. It wasn't a pleasing sight to see, him in nothing but a sweater, sweatpants, and music playing. He was just... there. It was terrifying to look into his dead fish eyes especially when I got his attention." Sasuke studied his countenance and was already tired from analyzing his signals that lit up like Christmas lights on a tree. 

  Stygian optics peered at inky ones and -- for once -- he understood and empathized with what people say and do. Everything.

CRASH.

  The short ravenette jumped in his spot and the other in the room froze. As if time stopped for a few seconds, they blinked and was kicked out of their minuscule trance, racing up the stairs and to Naruto's bedroom. Once they reached upon the blond's humble quarters, their dark gazes immediately fell upon broken pieces of ceramic china on the ground. The pots and plates strike Sasuke as something expensive and priceless, he now wondered what the commotion was all about up here. Mizuki went over and checked whether the blond -- lifeless-looking -- on the ground was injury-free, thank fuck he was. Sasuke took a glimpse at the fallen blond that was getting regarded by their teacher -- or former, he didn't care anymore -- and looked the other way almost immediately. It was not that he was being petty, he was just being petty. Not that he was of course.

  "Naruto, what happened here? Can you here me? Do you understand what I'm saying?" Mizuki bombards him with endless loops of questions, either new or relating to each other in some form. Does it hurt anywhere? Any bruises? Do you feel any pain? Do you want some ice-cream? Yeah, things like that. Sasuke's gaze lingered on the blond's lackluster self, boring burning holes into the smaller's temple. "Naruto?"

  The dark haired boy placed a warm hand on Mizuki's shoulder and those sable darkness he called eyes fell down on him and the knowing look on the younger's features. "You can go, I'll take care of this."

  A nod from the oldest in the room, and then they were left alone in the room. The rhythmic breathing and heartbeats made the ravenette calm down, pulling the blond on the ground closer to his chest -- him cradling his head. Pressing his lips on the top of the blond's forehead, he pulled back and raked his calloused fingers through the golden strands. He spoke in a calm undertone, barely a whisper. His breath, hot against the blue eyed boy's face. "Hey," the calming, the rumbling tone that matched gentle waves. Quiet and soft, "Hey, I'm here. Don't worry, I'm here." A shiver passes and Sasuke sucked in a breath. "Naruto?"

  Naruto looked up at the black haired ninja and he loosened up, calming down almost instantly. He left his arms lax and he started breathing normally again. "What do you want?" That quiet tone he used was so unusual to the ravenette's ears. He was tempted to reach out to Kakashi -- see what he could do for the blond. 

  Before he could raise a hand to do a communication technique, fingers tore at his skin and he hissed, a scream followed. He looked back at those beautiful blue eyes -- red. The boy in his arms bared his fangs--