Meeting

Yay Maria's POV, Hope you like it.

-----

-----

-----

The sun was shining as Maria Ray walk towards her favorite spot on the bridge. The bridge was made of tree wood and it was carved neatly while it curves upwards across the small but wide river that gently floated down stream. It was spring time and the birds were chirping cheerfully as Maria sat in the middle of the bridge careful in not ruining her dress. Her red curly hair was flying around her face as the wind flew.

She smiled. This kind of day was one of her favorites time to be out and hiking.

She was dangling her feet over the edge of the bridge and surveyed the area around her. Before her held fields and cows. Her and her father live out in the country side out of England and Maria had no problems concerning that. The only thing she ever really liked to do since her mothers death was read a book along side Ara, her maid, whenever she was on her break and hanged around Jace, Ara's husband, in case he ever needed help(So long her father wasn't around to see which was rare). And most of all Maria loves going on a hike towards her bridge. She nicknamed the bridge Lily Ridge. Since there was Lily pads and flowers flowing in the river under it or on it.

The Lily Ridge was beautiful during spring and she couldn't ask for a better spot to relax and enjoy the day. "Di du do, do doo." A voice sang out loud and Maria looked around and realized it was below the bridge. She got up to her feet to see a male whistling the same tune just a second ago and Maria took her time to examine him.

He looked strong, that was for sure.

He had black skinned but Maria didn't let that bother her and looked. He had abs that girls would think drool worthy and he was wearing a white cotton button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He had eyes of a beautiful dark chocolate that she could stare all day long. His mouth was curled up with an amused  smirk and Maria blushed when she realized she was caught staring.

But he kept his eyes to the water while whistling the now familiar tune.

Maria rolled her eyes and huffed at him and diverted her gaze.

"Ain't today a fine day?" Another voice called out. Maria turned around to see Jason, the man of the town. Maria smiled at him. "Yes indeed. One of the finest days we ever had." Jason smirked at her and she rolled her eyes. He was looking pretty handsome on this day. His brown hair had small curls with baby blue eyes. He had broad shoulders and a couple of abs that Maria had a time to keep away at the most. Jason smirked at her as if he knew where her train of thought was headed.

Maria rolled her eyes at him and turned around to see the boy or man was still here, throwing rocks in the water. Jason followed her gaze and he scowled. He looked at Maria who was staring at the niggar by the water. He smirked. He wrap his arms and leaned in Maria's ear making her shift nervously.

"That niggar over there better not catch your interest. I mean I know you like me. So its best forget it. I can help you." Maria scowled at Jason, who started sucking on her neck to her jaw. She put her hands on Jason's chest and shoved him off her. He stumbled and fell. If Maria was in a different situation she might have laughed at seeing the look on Jason's face.

Jason glared. "What did you do that for?" Maria glared at him.

"That was for forcing yourself on me. " He frown at her before grabbing her arm and pull her to him. She smacked his face with the back of her hand. He groan in pain and got to his feet and step back. He looked at her and then stared at the man by the river and started moving towards him. Maria gasp when she realized what he was about to do. Now its no secret that Jason is a hater and the thing he hate the most is black people. She didn't want that man get hurt because Jason didn't get what he wanted. She went up to Jason and yanked his arm back and stood in front. The man by the river was watching them now and he was smirking at Jason who struggled out of her grip.

She slapped him again and hard.

He went backwards and held his cheek.

"Don't even think about hurting anyone Jason." He scowled darkly.

He used his other hand and grab her wrist, squeezing making her cry out in pain.

"Remember this and remember well Maria. If I can't have you no niggar and other men will be able to. Got it?!" Maria whimpered when she saw a bruise forming on her wrist. Jason let go and scowled who got on the bridge.

He walked off in the in the other direction. Maria finally let the tears in her eyes flow, staring at her new bruise. The black handsome man from the river came up to her and grabbed her wrist gently. She nearly moaned in pain at the gesture.

He tsked. " He sure did a number on you." Maria watch his expressions switching from anger and amusement. She gently pulled her hand back. "You think this is funny?" She nearly smirked when the amusement was wiped off. His beautiful chocolate eyes widen and he raised his hands up in the air. "No, I don't think it at all. You have to forgive me if you thought I did." He scowled when he saw her face. Maria was hoping to look innocent but she failed by giggling.

His eyes soften at her.

Maria returned his gaze and they both stare at each other. Maria nearly blush when she realized how close they were.

She held her hand out and he took it, looking confused."My names Maria." He look at her and understanding showed on his dark face. He held her hand and put it on his chest making her blush. He smirked at her. "My names Bernard." He said. Maria beamed at him and he stared at her with a smile on his face. "Maria!" They both jumped and Maria look to see Ara, who waved at her from across the bridge. She turned her head back to Bernard who pointed his head towards Ara. "You should get going." Maria frowned at him and hugged him around the waist, shocking him.

"Will I see you again?" He was frozen for a minute before he wrapped his arms around her waist.

He leaned in close to her ear. "I believe I can find a way for me to see you." She smiled at him widely, making him smile in return.

Maria turned to go to Ara and they both walked off. Ara giggled at her and Maria blushed. "What?" Ara just smirked at her.

"You like him." She stated. Maria widen her eyes and shook her head vehemently. "I...I don't like him. I just met him." She scowled at her. Ara just tsked at her. "I'm sure." Maria just rolled her eyes at her before walking off.

-----

-----

-----

Well, what do you guys think? you think Maria and Bernard will see each other? Will her father find out? What will Jason do when he realized that Maria wanted to see Bernard? Please comment and vote.