I was fine.

"Iain, it's Lily."

Iain opened his eyes and rolled his head to the left, to where Lily sat. He removed his oxygen mask.

"Iain, why? I've always been here for you why didn't you speak to me."

There was a large pause. Iain hesitated speaking whilst Lily waited for a response. Lily grabbed Iain's hand and held it tightly.

"Every time I close my eyes, I see his face."

"Who's?" Lily questioned.

"Out in Afghanistan... Out in Afghanistan I made friends with an Afghan boy, we played table football, laughed, joked around, it made the times of misery pass away. But in the end that boy destroyed my life."

Lily continued to listen, clutching Iain's hand harder. Tears rolled down Iain's face.

"Every day I question why did I make friends with him. If I hadn't made friends with him all my real friends, my army mates would still be alive. Kenny wouldn't be serving a sentence for his mad behaviour and everything would be good."

"Lily it's all my fault."

"No it's not, you had no idea that boy was going to come along and take all your friends away from you. He used you Iain and then pulled you out of the situation because he didn't want you getting hurt, that's not your fault."

"I should've seen what was going to happen and stopped him, we have trained to suspect bombings, why didn't I suspect it!"

Iain broke down even more.

"It's been nearly five years, I've had counselling, at one point I had to have sleeping pills but why now has all this returned!? I was fine."

Everyone else in the room stood back away from the conversation but still listening.

"Those pills... Those pills I took because I wanted to die. Get all those bad memories out of my head. I'm sick of it Lily. But now I'm not so sure. I'm looking round and thinking I've lost friends in Afghanistan but I've gained so many in Holby. Lily I don't know what to think, my heads a mess."
"Iain, lets take one thing at a time. Please accept treatment."

She paused.

"You see, I'm not so good at showing how much I love someone, you're so much better at that, but Iain, we've been hovering around each other through arguments and friendships for months but the actual truth is... I love you. Please accept treatment so I can say those three words to you as often as I want to."

They were both now failing miserable at trying to hold back the tears. Iain's head was in such a mess but he was finally coming around to the idea of treatment.

"I'm so sorry."

He sat up from the bed, grabbing Lily's shoulders and for a brief moment they just sobbed into each other's arms.

He then whispered into Lily's ear.

"Thank you."
He then nodded.

Cal and Dylan walked forward slightly. Cal questioned.

"Can we treat you Iain?"

Iain nodded.

They all rushed into action, discussing scans, ultrasounds trying to now figure out the best course of action.