NYU

Rose's POV:

Me and had been texting and calling each other ever since Christmas. My phone buzzed.

Chat
Rose as Hunter Girl
Josh as Joshua King

Joshua King: hi beautiful😜

Hunter Girl: Boy, put that wink away and did you call me beautiful.😱

Joshua King: Maybe

Joshua King: Guess who coming up to the Matthew's house right now.

I put my phone down and went to the kitchen and saw the Matthews having breakfast already." Morning." I said sitting at the table. Then Maya came in running." Alright weirdos, listen up and listen up good. I got like a minute before he walks through the door." Maya said.
"Who's coming through the door. Maya." Riley said excited.
" Your uncle boing." She said smiling and I did like it. Wait am I jealous.
"Oh, Maya you gotta get off of this." You tell her Riley.
"Nope, the reason he's not interested is because I've been playing this all wrong. See my strategy of turning into a total nut job in the near mere sight of him, is not working out as planned."
" Maya it nothing your doing, it's the age difference."

But she kept going...

"Three years older, your dad married your mum and he's like twenty years older." I tried to stop myself laughing.

"Where exactly the same age." Cory said looking confused.
"What!" Riley turned to her parents and said shocked. Topanga gave her daughter a really look.
" I just need to be casual, how's this." Maya said putting her feet on the table. Topanga stood up and laughed then said " yeah, how's this." Pushing her feet off the table.

Then the door opened Josh came in and said " Hey family and Miss Hunter."
"Yeah, hi I don't care." Maya said twirling her hair.
"My brother."
"My brother."
Josh and Corey said hugging." So Riley shouldn't we be like heading to school now. Since there's nothing for me to be in any interest." Maya said like she didn't like Josh when she really did.
"Sure. Let's go." Riley said smiling but before she left she turned to me and Auggie. " Think she'll make it out the door." I said.
" I'll give her ten seconds before she jumps on his head." She said smiling. Then walked slowly with Maya to the door.

" I came up here because I wanted to do this in front of all of you. I hold in my hand an envelope from New York University." Josh said and I saw Maya stop. I heard Riley say "oh, are we stopping."
"Am not stopping am resting." Maya replied. Then she carried on walking slowly. It was funny watching this.
" What's in this envelope tells me where am going to be for the next four years." Then Maya stopped again.
"Oh, are we stopping." Riley said.
"Am not as young as I use to be." Maya said looking down. Riley shouted "good luck Josh" and Maya said "yeah, hi I don't care."

Then they walked out the door, maybe Maya was being more mature. Then Josh said something that I made me sad.
"Is it just me or is there a new maturity in Maya, that I haven't seen before. I find it intriguing." My heat broke a little bit.

Then Maya came running back in yelling "where will you be" then she jumped on his back. Josh tried so hard to get her off." Hold on to your dignity, woman." Riley said coming back in. Auggie said "to late for that."
"Get off me you little ferrite!!!" Josh said jumping around.
"Give it!" Maya said trying to get the letter.
"It's my life!!!" Josh said.
"It infect me too." Maya got the letter and opened it.
"Dear applicant Boing." Maya said reading out the letter.
"It doesn't say that."
"This year we will only be expecting married applicants."
"It doesn't say that."
"So we regret to inform you that..."
"Regret to inform me." Josh said sadly and I stood up ready to be there for him.

"We regret to inform you that you'll be spending the next four years in New York with Maya!" She said the last part and I let go a sigh of relief. And everyone went to give him a hug." I got in? I got in!" He said." We got in. Congratulations." Maya was about to hug him but someone pushed her to the couch." I don't know what this means." Auggie said and I laughed." Congratulations, I am so proud of you." Cory said.
"That means a lot Corey."

After all that Maya and Riley went to school and I spent my day with Josh.