Chapter 1 : Strange Encounters

HELLOO! thank you guys for giving me your time to read my story :) this is my first book, so I hope you enjoy it and dont forget to leave comments or vote or anything :D I know this story is a crap but I promise it'll be better in the next chapters :) alright I'm just gonna go now. HAPPY READING! love ya! xx

ps. the girl in the picture is Sydney :)

~london ;)

**********

"Thank you, come again later." I said, smiling to the customer. She smiled back and walked out from the shop bringing the iced choco hazelnut and a piece of apple pie in her hand. I walked to the corner booth to clean up the table. Chocolate House, the shop that I have been working in since I was 18, has been really crowded lately. I love work in here. Annie, the owner of Chocolate House, is a very lovely woman. She let me work here part time, because I have to go to college in the morning. She acts like my friend, not my boss. That is why I really like her.

"That was the last customer today. Good job, Sydney." Annie said and patted my head. I chuckled and smiled to her.

"Thanks, Annie." I said and took my apron off.

"You can go home now. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" she said while she was making a hot chocolate.

"Sure. I'll just go get my stuff first." I said and walked back to my locker in the corner of the kitchen. I grabbed my hoodie and put in on me and threw my backpack on my shoulder. I walked to the front door of Chocolate House and turned my head to Annie who was standing in front of the cash machine.

"I'm heading home now. Bye, Annie!" I said to her. Then she walked over to me.

"Wait! Take these with you." She said and handed me a cup of hot chocolate and a medium sized paper bag. I took the cup and the bag and smiled to her.

"What is in the bag, Annie?" I asked her.

"Red velvet cakes. I want you and Kimmy to have 'em. And tell her I said hi." She said with a smile on her lips. I nodded and hugged her. Red velvet cake is my and Kimmy's favorite. She hugged me back and patted my head. She released the hug.

"I'll tell her. And thanks again, Annie. Bye!" I said when I was reaching for the door knob.

"Anytime, love. See ya!" she said. I walked out the shop and sipped my hot chocolate. This hot chocolate really warmed me up in this cold weather of London. I put the paper bag in my backpack because I didn't feel like to carry it in my hand all the way to my flat.

I looked at my watch. 9.37 pm. I sipped my hot chocolate again to keep me warm. Man, it was very cold out here! I just wanted to get back to my flat quickly and cuddle my stuffed bear under my warm blanket! I quickened my steps. After walking for about ten minutes, I felt my phone went off in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a message from Kimmy.

Where are you? I'm starving! I made pasta and I don't want to eat it without you!

I chuckled and replied her text.

On my way home, Hungry Girl. Be patient! I bring some cakes from Annie.

The next thing I know was I was on the ground, my not-so-hot-now chocolate spilled all over my hoodie and jeans. My phone dropped on the hard ground. Apparently, someone just bumped into me.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry. Are you okay?" the voice spoke. I looked up and saw a boy with quiffed blonde hair was staring at me. He was on the ground also, like me.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I said. He stood up and held his hand to help me. I took his hand and he pulled me up. I bent down and picked my phone off which he did also. His phone was on the ground too, maybe because the bump accident. I slipped my phone into my pocket and started to walk away when he grabbed my wrist. I turned around and looked at him in annoyance.

"Look, I am really sorry for being so careless. Look at your hoodie! At least let me buy you another chocolate." he said in a serious tone. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"It's okay, really. I'm fine. It's just a hoodie, I can wash it anyway. Don't worry." I said plainly and wiggled my wrist so he released it. I looked at him and realized that he has a pair of ocean blue eyes and, not to mention, they were so beautiful. I blinked and saw that he brought a guitar on his back. He smiled to me and scratched his back of his neck.

"I'm Luke, by the way. And you are?" He said and held his hand for me to shake. Really? All I need was get back to my flat ASAP and this stranger was asking for my name?

"I'm in hurry. Bye!" I said and walked away from him. I know it was rude but I just wanted to go home right now.

I walked for another ten minutes before I arrived at my flat. I got into the elevator and pushed the 12 button. Couple of seconds later, the elevator dinged and the door opened. I walk to my flat's door and unlocked it with my key.

"Kimmy, I'm home!" I shouted. Yes, Kimmy and I were sharing a flat. We were best friend since elementary school, and now we were going to the same university, University of London, but in different major. I went to English major, and she went to Music and Arts major. We thought it would be fun if we could get a flat together, and it was. We were practically sisters for each other.

"In the kitchen!" she yelled back from the kitchen. I got the paper bag from my back pack and brought it into the kitchen. Meet Kimberly Devonna Starr, everyone. She was pouring hot water into two cups of tea in front of her, her back facing me. I got the cakes out of the paper bag and put them in a plate. I heard a shriek from Kimmy that made me almost wet my pants. I glared at her and she slapped my shoulder playfully.

"Sydney Trinity Ryder, what happened to your hoodie?! It looks like somebody threw nasty muds to you!" she yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Calm your arse, mate. Somebody bumped into me on my way home and I spilled my chocolate because of that." I explained to her. She shook her head in disbelieve.

"You need to clean up! Go shower first, then we'll have supper and dessert, okay?" she smiled and patted my head. I nodded and cleaned up myself. After took a shower and got change into my comfy 'I love London' hoodie and shorts, I went to the kitchen and found Kimmy who was busy with his phone. She smiled and gave me my plate that full of pasta. We ate supper together. After that, we were having those amazing red velvet cake from Annie while sipping the famous Yorkshire tea. We shared each other story for today. That was like our routine every night, having supper together and shared anything that happened to ourselves. It was hard to meet her in the morning or in the afternoon because of our college schedules and works. I worked in Chocolate House while she worked in this music instruments shop called Melody. After shared tons of story, we were heading off to our own rooms.

I lied down on my bed and grabbed my phone that lied on the table beside my bed. I pressed the power button and it turned off. But, wait! The phone was having different lock screen as I have as usual! I had my picture with Kimmy as my lock screen, but this? It had a picture of boy who was playing a guitar on a stage. Wait. I thought I know this boy. It was the boy who bumped into me a couple hours ago! I can tell by his quiffed blonde hair.

This was not my phone!