Chapter 18 : They're Going to be Big

This one's pretty long, so ENJOY! :D

~ london ;)

*********

“Syd, wake up.” I felt someone shaking my shoulder. I groaned and snuggled myself more to Luke the penguin.

“Syd!” the person said again whom I realized was Kim. She shook me again.

“Go away, Kim.” I said, still closing my eyes. She sighed and suddenly I felt my comfy blanket is being torn forcefully from me. I opened my eyes and saw Kim standing there with her annoying grin.

“What was that for?! Give me my blanket back! I’m freezing!” I said to her and she just shook her head.

“No no, you have to wake up. I need detail.” She said, holding up my blanket. I groaned and sat up.

“Detail about what?” I asked her, rubbing my eyes and she rolled her eyes.

“About the World War II. Of course about your date yesterday!” she said, sitting down on my bed.

“Can’t you wait until I wake up?” I asked her, feeling annoyed.

“Well, you’re awake now. So, tell me.” she answered, grinning like a crazy person.

“You’re so bloody unbelievable.” I said and she just laughed.

“That’s pretty sums me up. Okay, spill.” She demanded. I sighed. There’s no way for me to win this.

I told her everything about my date yesterday. She seemed so drown into my story. Her eyes lit up in excitement and she giggled every here and there. Her eyes and her smile got softer when I told her that I told Luke about my family. She even shrieked in happiness when I told her that Luke asked me to be his girlfriend.

“What is your answer for that?” she asked, curiosity in her eyes.

“Well, duh!” I said, rolling my eyes and she shrieked again.

“Oh my God I can’t believe it! My little Ryder has a boyfriend now! I’m so happy!” she said, clapping her hands.

“Hey!” I said and hitting her shoulder playfully.

“So, are you coming to the band rehearsal today?” I asked her and she nodded while folding my blanket.

“Yes. Skylar asked me yesterday. I must admit that I’m kind of nervous to meet his other band mates.” She said.

“No need to, you’ll love them. They’re really nice.” I said and she smiled.

“Well then, let’s do some chores before going to their rehearsal.” She suggested and I nodded. That was when my phone start to ring.

“It’s Luke.” I told her and she grinned.

“Go get it. I’ll make some breakfast, yeah?” she said and I nodded. She kissed my head before walking out from my room.

I swept the screen and brought the phone to my ear.

“Hey.” I greeted him.

“Good morning, love.” He said. I smiled, listening to his morning voice.

“Good morning to you too.” I said back and he chuckled.

“What?” I asked him.

“It seems like I’m not the one who woke you up. You’re not yelling at me.” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah lucky you, I already yelled at Kim, literally.” I said and he chuckled.

“So, about the rehearsal today, I’ll pick you up at 11, okay?” he asked.