Chapter 19 : Why Now?

DRAMA ALERT! ENJOY! :D

~ london ;)

**********

Hey it’s Jamie. I certainly cannot pick up your call right now. Leave a message and I’ll call you back later. Bye!

I sighed and locked my phone. It was like my 100th phone call that ended in his voicemail. It had been almost a month and Jamie still didn’t want to talk to me.

I saw him at the campus. I tried to talk to him but he barely replied. I called him, but he didn’t pick up. I texted him, but he didn’t reply. It was like he is ignoring me.

I knew that I was wrong, but ignoring me for almost a month is not necessary! I just couldn’t take it anymore. I needed to talk to him.

Pronto.

*********

“Hi Mrs. Hendall. Is Jamie home?” I greeted Jamie’s mum when I arrived at his house. I decided to go to his house before going to Chocolate House. My class ended at 12 and still had couple hours before my shift begun.

“Sydney! He’s in his room. Come in come in!” she said while giving me a hug. I hugged her back and chatted with her a little before heading up to Jamie’s room.

I knocked lightly on his door.

“Come in.” I heard his voice from inside the room. I opened the door and saw him sitting on his bed with his laptop on his lap.

He wore his sweat pants and a Ramones shirt. His wavy hair looked messier than before. His green eyes landed on me.

“Sydney?” he asked with a slight of surprise in his voice. I nodded and gave him a smile.

“Hi. Can I come in?” I asked him and he nodded, putting down his laptop on his bed. I walked in and sat down next to him on his bed.

“What brings you here?” he asked, looking straight to my eyes. I sighed.

“We need to talk.” I said shortly. I could feel he tensed a little bit.

“About?”

“Were you ignoring me?” I bluntly asked him. I looked at his green eyes and he looked shocked. He remained still for a while, then he speaks.

“I did not.” He simply said, looking down at the floor. I shook my head.

“Yes you did. You didn’t pick up my calls, you didn’t reply my texts, and you didn’t talk much at me. It has been weeks, Jamie. I miss talking to you.” I said and he scoffed.

“Now you miss me.” he said and chuckled. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

“What was that supposed to mean?” I asked him. He looked away and shook his head.

“Nothing.” He said shortly.

“It’s obviously something. Jamie, tell me. Why?” I asked him, fully facing him right now. He looked at me, his green eyes bore to mine.

“Why don’t you ask your boyfriend for that?” he snapped and I was taken aback by that.

“Luke? What is this all about? Why Luke?” I asked him.

“You seem pretty happy with him. That’s why you forget about me.” he said and he stood up.

“I am sorry, okay? I’m sorry that I didn’t text or call you that weekend. But I don’t want to lose you! I don’t want you to ignore me! You’re my best friend and I –“