Chapter 5

5

Skate Park

Isabelle

Isabelle had her blonde hair in her ponytail at the top of her head. She wore an orange fitted shirt that stated ‘Bruno Mars’ on the back and his picture on the front, and her favorite pair of black skinny jeans. Her orange vans went perfectly with her shirt and she was happy. She bounced around her room like she was dancing with her father as TGIF by Katy Perry played. Today was the first day that they would be at the skate park as a group since Valentina had been back.

“Where are you going looking all stellar and happy?” her mother, Irene, asked. Irene looked about as old as Isabelle and Isabelle hoped to look like that at that age.

“The skate park, mom,” Isabelle said quietly.

“You’re happy that Valentina is back, aren’t you?”

“You know we are.”

“Go have fun, Pumpkin.” Irene chuckled to herself and Isabelle frowned at her mother.

“Not a pumpkin! I just like orange.” Isabelle said as she pushed her mother out of the room.

Nacho

Nacho was ready for this day. This day would be funny. Valentina and Asia in the same general area would be sure to get the arguments going. He wore his regular jeans and T-shirt that he would skate in. nothing too fancy, unlike the girls, who got all dressed up like they were going to the mall. How they could walk in those jeans, let alone skate? He didn’t know.

“Mom, I’m off!” he yelled as he headed towards the door.

“To where, may I ask?” his mother, Carolina, asked.

“Skate park, mami. You know that.”

“Don’t break your neck, kid, because I’m not paying!”

“Love you, mom.” His mother was always claiming that she wasn’t going to pay for anything but Nacho just waved her off because he broke his arm as a child and she paid, even when she said she wasn’t going to.

Miranda

Miranda had on a plain white shirt and a pair of purple shorts. Her vans were white and her hair was down. She looked at herself in the mirror several times. If she was going to fit into that dress, she needed to lose her stomach. She could zip it up and it would fit if she sucked in but if she let go, it would probably burst. She was happy  with the way she looked or so she thought. Maybe she was a little insecure about the way she looked. Her parents were at work, so she left them a note saying where she was going, who she was with, and when she was coming back. He parents liked to pop in at random times, even though they were rarely home to begin with.