Chapter 2

2

Someone Please Call 911

Valentina’s Crew

When Valentina landed in Illinois the girls seemed happy to see her but the looks on their faces said something was up. “What’s up?” Valentina asked. “Asia wants to throw a turf war on Friday” Delanie said.

“She is calling us out for our turf?” Valentina’s face was shocked.

“Yes” Shelly said.

“She thinks we are weaker because you aren’t here with us” Miranda said.

“When she sees you at school tomorrow she’s going to trip” Isabelle said.

“She’ll never call back that war, though, because they’ll label her as weak. The whole school is going to be there” Amber said.

“Wow” Valentina laughed, “She takes my man and I’m fine with that because I’ll get him back but calling us out on our turf is over the top. Asia grew some balls in the last year.”

“Well, Mrs. Lopez wants to see you” Delanie said changing the subject.

“Well, Lets go then” Valentina started to push the girls towards the door as she grabbed her luggage.

At the Lopez house, the girls were sitting in the living room with Louise’s mother. “Oh, Valentina, it’s so good to see you again” Lupita said hugging her. “Same to you, mom. So, where is everyone?” Valentina asked.

“Lupe will be home in a while; you know how 13 year olds are, crazier than a jack rabbit.”

“Yes that is true and dad?”

“He’s working the night shift and he won’t be home until the early morning. I have to prepare dinner in a while and Valentina’s already staying. How about all you girls stay and it can be a girl’s night?” the girls looked away. Lupita Lopez could do any and everything except cook. “I bought it!” Lupita scolded the girls and they looked at her with guilty faces.

“Okay we’ll stay” the girls mumbled.

“Good. So, I’m assuming you all know that Louise has a new girlfriend?” Lupita looked at Valentina questioning.

“Yea and I find that highly interesting with her being a hairy beast.” Valentina was grinding her teeth and forcing a smile. The girls stifled their giggles as they saw her trying to force that smile and decided to change the subject.

“So, Mrs. Lopez, I hear your anniversary is coming up.” Amber said quickly.

“Yes and I am so excited! There is this beautiful emerald bracelet I want and I hope Jorge gets it for me.” Lupita cheered.

“Well, did you think about what you are going to get him?” Miranda asked.

“Yes and I already bought it. He’s been crying about these golf clubs, so I bought them.” Lupita got up off the couch, opened the closet, and showed the girls the shiny clubs.

“Wow, he’s going to love that stainless steel” Delanie said.

“I don’t think its stainless steel, Delanie” Amber said.

“Whatever” Delanie said and the six girls sat mesmerized by the golf clubs.

Louise & Todd

Louise and Todd sat in Todd’s room playing video games. Todd’s father had gotten married to a girl who was only a few years older than them and she paraded around the house like she was God. “Aren’t you a little too old to be playing video games?” Karina asked. “You’d better shut up and get out before I tell my pops you were trying to get with me” Todd said without looking up at her.