Chapter 9.

It was the middle of the night, Hannibal was still awake looking over at his passed out lover. He got up carefully, not to wake Will. Silently he walked over to the kitchen, going to the smallest drawer in the corner. As always, trusty old Tueur (French for killer.) was there, there was only some other times it wasn't. Anyway, Hannibal picked up Tueur and quietly creeped back to the room. The blade was a shiny eye-blinding silver and the handle was sleek black in Hannibal's hand.

He was alone in the room with Will and leaned over to the bed, sliding some of the blanket off of Wills shoulder and pressed the tip of Tueur blade to Wills chest. Terrified, ashamed, and guilty and what he almost did to his sweetheart, he moved the blade away.

"No." He whispered.

"I can't do this."

***
Yellows rays floated into the room like yellow jellyfish the next morning. Will woke up refreshed, it was so strange. Not being haunted by a nightmare of a deer was strange for him. He looked over to Hannibal, who woke peacefully with most of his gray brown hair in his face adorably, which Will brushed back gently.

It felt so right to wake up next to Will, to hold him and tell him he loved him, to protect him from the nightmares and past, to be there for him and Abigail.

To be a family.

Will turned his body around so he facing Hannibal.

"Good morning." Will said, his voice horse.

Hannibal placed a kiss on his head as a response. This, he thought, I will remember. It was dimming back to quiet and Hannibal was almost asleep again when he felt the bed move. Red handed, Will was caught sliding off the bed not careful enough to not wake up Hannibal.

"Will, where are you going?" He asked.

Crap, Will had to think fast.

"Um, Winston wanted me to check out this thing a deer did." He lied.

"Isn't Winston your dog?"

Nice thinking Will!

"No. Winston Cummings. He, uh, works at Burger King, you probably don't know him."

"I don't but I'd like to met this Winston. Can he come over for dinner Friday?"

"No. That may require him to be sociable. Anyway, I've got to go."

"Of course, but let me ask you something. Are you ashamed of what we did last night because that is human nature-"

La, la, la, la, la! Seventh grade health class all over again!

"I've really got to go."

And before Hannibal could say goodbye, Will was already gone.

***
Hannibal always thought of interesting ways to mutilated and humility people. Hell, it was him beneath the person suit. But the way Will killed him was harsher than any of his victims. He killed him like this;

He held his hand and kissed his lips.
Said 'I love you.' even if Hannibal couldn't hear him.
Let him in even on the darkest day.
But then, he never touched his skin again.
Didn't say 'I love you.' even when Hannibal could hear him.
And even worse, shut him out on the most darkest and stormiest day.

That was the way Will killed him. Hannibal thought he'd never see Will again, even though they hadn't spoken to each other since that slept together which was two days ago. He thought Will wouldn't talk to him until  Jack came up to him one day.

"Do you know what day it is, Dr. Lector?" Asked Jack.

"Monday." Hannibal relied smoothly.

"No. Day of The Dead. A Mexican holiday that celebrates all the people they lost. I was figuring if you would like to come with me and Will."

"Will is coming?"

"Yes I figured this might be a good process for him considering. . . Abigail."

The way Jack said it was like she was 'helper' for her dad. Hannibal thought about Abigail, his daughter, his friend, the person he was supposed to protect, and then he thought if Mischa.

"I'll go." He whispered