Where I Am Home

The warm wind of late August gently slapped Josh's face as he slowly made his way down the cobblestone path. There were birds singing in the trees and small patches of small white flowers lining the edge of the road.

 He inhaled deeply, a smile spreading across his face as he neared his best friend, Tyler Joseph. Josh sat down in the soft grass next to him and whispered a quiet, "Hello Tyler." 

 The wind began to pick up a little, and blew softly against Josh's skin

 The wind began to pick up a little, and blew softly against Josh's skin. He chuckled to himself as he brought something out from his pocket.

"This is for you," Josh said, placing a small, hand-carved wooden cross down next to Tyler. "Thought you might like it." He scratched the back of his next. "I, um... I made it myself."

The two best friends sat together for hours beneath the rising sun. It grew in the sky and blazed down over them, causing Josh to start sweating a little but. But he didn't mind.

"So, I was thinking the other day," Josh began before a trickle of laughter escape his lips.

"Remember the time when we would make up stories on how we met? And the guys interviewing us would actually believe us? And then you'd try so hard not to laugh."

Josh shook his head and grinned. "Those stories we told were so funny."

And throughout the day they sat there, reminiscing on the old times and the memories of meeting all their dedicated fans and giving them all new hope...And then their very first 

"I remember you asked me to quit my job," Josh began again with a fond smile, "and I did." He sighed. "But the cops same before we could even play a second song and then that guy almost peed on my drums. I remember that day like it was yesterday."

However, Josh couldn't quite remember their first interviews, or what their first photoshoots felt like. It was hard for him to remember the exact cities they visited while touring as well.

But there was one memory Josh would never forget. He closed his eyes, almost shuddering at the memory forming in his mind.

" I remember how I almost killed myself," Josh began, his voice a little shaky. " If it wasn't for you Tyler, I don't know what would have happened to me." 

He paused for a few moments, letting them both take in those dark days again. 

" I used to say I wanted die before I'm old, but then, because of you, I thought twice."